Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-10-2009, 09:01 PM
Water Junkie

Something I noticed is they had 3 litters in 2006 and 4 in 2008. That doesn't bother me that much, as long as they were taken care of and not a bunch of 'oops litters'. But just thought I'd throw that out to make sure you had noticed.

Something else I noticed on the dogs they have bred is not all of them have a CH or titles. Which could mean nothing except what they do with them doesn't give out titles (I know it doesn't with my breed), but it could also mean something.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 11-10-2009, 09:15 PM
Top Dog

I (very very) briefly went over the site and didn't see a guarantee.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:37 PM
I'm All Ears

A couple things to think about with what Lizmo said is considering they co-own and have that many litters could mean those litters were just kind of 'overseen'. They may have bred the bitch but don't own her, for example. It happens some.

As far as not titling every dog, that's fine with me. In some breeds it's hard to title dogs in conformation. Some dogs may have a minor cosmetic flaw or something that makes it hard to show them but doesn't really affect their quality. I personally (other people may disagree) don't have a problem getting a dog from a litter where one or maybe both of the parents isn't titled. The bigger question for me is to ask why breed these two dogs. If they have a good reason then it should be pretty obvious. Both of Summer's parents are finished but Mia's mom isn't finished.

Not saying that's their reasoning, but it's a possibility.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:38 PM
Salty Sea Dog

i agree laur, confirmation in the ring isnt the do all end all

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets

Old 11-10-2009, 09:42 PM
Water Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
A couple things to think about with what Lizmo said is considering they co-own and have that many litters could mean those litters were just kind of 'overseen'. They may have bred the bitch but don't own her, for example. It happens some.

As far as not titling every dog, that's fine with me. In some breeds it's hard to title dogs in conformation. Some dogs may have a minor cosmetic flaw or something that makes it hard to show them but doesn't really affect their quality. I personally (other people may disagree) don't have a problem getting a dog from a litter where one or maybe both of the parents isn't titled. The bigger question for me is to ask why breed these two dogs. If they have a good reason then it should be pretty obvious. Both of Summer's parents are finished but Mia's mom isn't finished.

Not saying that's their reasoning, but it's a possibility.
Maybe I should clarify. When I say titling, I do NOT mean showing. Usually when I mean showing I say 'CH' but when talking about other things (agility, flyball, obedience, tracking, etc) I say 'titles'. But some venues don't even have titles, so sometimes that doesn't apply (like sheep or cattle dog trials).

You of all people should know that a conformation title doesn't mean much to me.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l

Last edited by Lizmo; 11-10-2009 at 09:59 PM.