Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-09-2009, 06:42 PM
Top Dog

Default People Suck. Again.

Nothing you say can convince me otherwise. There is just plain a huge percentage of the population that sucks beyond belief. I'm proposing a vote to allow public stonings in the town square once again.

Email received by a friend who does rescue re: a dog the person adopted from her a while ago:

Quote:
"my dog has pissed me off for the last time. I LOVE HER but she NEEDS a new home. She spits out her meds twice a day all ove rhte floor and I can't keep bending over to clean it up. If she doesn't get her Phenobarb 2X a day she will have siezures. I GIVE UP! She is such a sweet dog but she pisses me off to no end!
Hey person? I hope when you are old and sick, someone decides it's too much work to take care of you.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:45 PM
Top Dog

Holy Poop! That tops what I just read on one of my Lab boards- 2 dogs, one a chocolate Lab, were taken to the shelter to be euthed because their owners didn't know dogs smell.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:46 PM
Top Dog

Agree !!! I'd like to see them in stocks though , and have dogs pee on them !!

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 11-09-2009, 06:46 PM
I'm All Ears

Ugh that is awful! What a terrible attitude!
Old 11-09-2009, 06:51 PM
swimming upstream

that is just unbelievable--seriously!
Old 11-09-2009, 06:54 PM
Top Dog

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

If they'd said "hey. I've a got a dog. I thought it would be more interesting but as it turns out I don't really care about it. It's expensive and a pain in the ass, please take it." That I can deal with. I understand that some people don't care about animals.

But to say that you LOVE it, but you just can't possibly get it to take its meds, and OMG it spits them out, and then you must bend down, so GRR it's just too much for your precious self to handle, and although it KILLS you, you MUST get rid of this animal. I mean, you're a caring individual after all, but picking up your dog's meds is understandably too much.

Wow are they ever a) delusional and b) in trouble as a human being. What a clown.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Resident fainting goat

they obviously dont "LOVE HER" if they wont even make the slighest effort for the dog :/ yes.. dogs can be frustrating but cmon
Old 11-09-2009, 07:05 PM
Top Dog

Probably just an idiot who doesn't know how to give a dog a pill he wont take. Probably has no clue to use peanut butter or one of those pill treats that you put the pill inside.

Fortunately Lola takes her Interceptor every month without a problem. Occasionally she hasn't touched her food so what I do then is I will empty the bowl and put a film of peanut butter at the bottom. Then I put the food back in the bowl and she eats the food trying to get to the peanut butter that's not really there because it was just enough to make the bowl dull at the bottom and she can smell it. So she then licks the bowl clean.

Can someone please kill this flea before it jumps on Lola
Old 11-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Top Dog

Am I the only one who thinks it's weird that her issue isn't the epilepsy but the pills?

Bailey takes a bunch of pills/supplements, so, to me, pilling a dog is no big deal, but having an epileptic dog (my brother has one) would break my heart.

Anyway, a strange e-mail all around. I hope that your friend has the resources to help this dog out.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:40 PM
overdogged

i think i had that moment with siren one or three times. she was on a handful of heart medications twice a day, and she was a freaking GENIUS at spitting them out. she could pick them out of chunky peanut butter, out of cheese, out of butter, out of anything and everything. it was excruciatingly trying at times, and then if i tried to pill her, it'd stress her out, which was dangerous with her bad heart.

i loved her, but i'll tell ya. there were days when i could have booted her through a wall.
and Bean FDCh-S
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?