Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-13-2009, 10:57 PM
treehugging clicker freak

I had one, I THINK it was called an EZ rider but I don't remember for 100% sure. I didn't like it because it wasn't as easy to hook up and it's definitely not as well padded or as easily adjustable.

I now have a couple of these...This one - Comfort Ride Travelin' Dog Car Harness

It's well-padded and comes with a super short "leash" that I hook to a locked shoulder belt. I also have a leash from walmart that will click right into the seat belt clip-thing. It gives the dogs just enough room to turn around and lie down, but not enough to get off of the seat. The best part is there's a swivel clip that allows the dog to turn around without getting tangled. Sometimes they like to spin before lying down. I have 3 of these cocker sized, and one GSD sized and they've held up well. I've had them for a couple years now.

In this picture, it doesn't look like its adjusted well to fit this dog, but I don't have any pictures of mine on my computer.

I only paid <$5 for mine, though. Scored well at big lots that day lol

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 11-14-2009, 01:14 AM
Top Dog

I use the Easy Rider and LOVE it. It's simple to put on and take off, and for my dog it works well - he just lays in the seat the whole time. I put the belt through the loop and buckle him in, and we're off. I did have one of the safety tested ones before (not a roadie, but something else) and it's too frustrating to use regularly. It constantly changes size at the slightest movement, and has to come off once we're out of the car because it slips too much. It was also bulky. The Easy Rider stays on very nicely once we're out of the car too, and Gavroche wears it comfortably for several hours when I go to my parents' house. I have the larges size and it fits both my parents' GSDs and Gavroche. But, since you don't like that one, I don't have any suggestions lol. I have never had the problem of the seatbelt getting tighter at all. Maybe the car seat belt is the problem, and not the harness? Do you have a lap belt or a shoulder belt? If you use a shoulder bely, you might want to try it in a lab belt if you have one (my car doesn't have any lap belts, so I know not all cars have them.) The seatbelt I had before, as snnoying as it was, did have an extra strap you could clip to something other than the seat belt - whatever it is that child car seats clip into, I guess.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:15 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerLover View Post
Champion by Canine Auto makes a more adjustable one.
CHAMPION Canine Seat Belt System
Thank you! I may have to give that one a try; I'd love one I can/will use more often.