Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-08-2009, 09:12 PM
Taxiderpy

We have two intact males, a two year old and a one year old. They have never once humped each other. They do mark in their paddock, never inside. Strider never marks while he is working. When he puts on the uniform he would rather die of a burst bladder than pee without getting his pee command. He'll be staying intact as long as he has no health issues with his boy parts. The risk of osteosarcoma in his breed is much higher than the testicular cancer risk, and I don't want to do something unnecessary to increase it.

My aunt's spayed poodle mix comes over to play and she starts humping both of them like crazy. It's so backwards.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:31 PM
Obey the Toad.

Jack did hump like a fool before he was neutered at a year old. However, he was never a wanderer, and never marked at all while he was intact--he didn't start marking until he was 2 years old, and he NEVER has done it inside.

Jack was not changed at all by his neuter personality wise. If I could do it again I would have made more of an effort to deal with the humping via training and wait until he was 2 so he could have filled out a bit more though...

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:06 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Our two males are intact... Tucker is 10 months old, and Rory is 8 months old. I'm not even thinking about neutering them until they're fully grown, if I do decide to even do it.

We haven't had any issues because of it. Tucker will mark things outside, occassionally... but it's not a constant thing. He doesn't hump anything at all.

I've never seen Rory mark anything, though. He likes to hump his bed sometimes... lol.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 11-09-2009, 10:26 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
I've never seen Rory mark anything, though. He likes to hump his bed sometimes... lol.
Oh geez... that was the worst. Before Auggie got neutered he would hump his bed and when he was done humping it, he'd pee on it. *facepalm* That completely went away after he got neutered. Thank God.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 11-09-2009, 10:52 AM
Top Dog

I have had quite a few intact male Basenjis over the years and none have ever marked in the house. They never marked the yard either. They would go pee then want to come back in. Taking them on walks was a different story. They did want to mark every upright object they could. As far as humping behavior, only one male would hump when I had bitches in season but never any other time. I am pro neutering but I do not feel that every male needs to be neutered.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:57 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Oh geez... that was the worst. Before Auggie got neutered he would hump his bed and when he was done humping it, he'd pee on it. *facepalm* That completely went away after he got neutered. Thank God.
Yuck! That sounds awful.

Rory barely humps his bed, but when he does I always tell him to stop. Then he turns around and gives me this grin. Ugh.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep