Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-05-2009, 09:32 PM
Irritate with Caution!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fransheska101 View Post

not helping lol
Ohhhhh You are evil

I am also thinking of a reason.......

Hmmmm Can't think of one after all?
Old 11-05-2009, 09:50 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsarebetter View Post

I honestly dont see many down falls of the breed! its sooo hard! i wanna westie puppy! I guess this needs to be a thread about how to get my husband to agree!
When people ask my husband how he deals with all my critters and so many jrts in the house........his standard reply is: "Its what she wants and if she didn't have them, she would be miserable and then I wouldn't be able live with her ....." smart man
Old 11-05-2009, 09:52 PM
EVIL SHELTIES!!!!

LOL!
I cannot convince my hubby to have just ONE JRT. We fostered one for a little while that was wild. he would just run and jump. from couch, to coffee table, to the book shelve, to the bed, and did constant zoomies. hubby thinks they are all like that so I am not allowed

Nah, as badly as I want another dog... i probably do not need one. both of my dogs are fruits, i am sure the new puppy would be too.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:17 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsarebetter View Post
LOL!
I cannot convince my hubby to have just ONE JRT. We fostered one for a little while that was wild. he would just run and jump. from couch, to coffee table, to the book shelve, to the bed, and did constant zoomies. hubby thinks they are all like that so I am not allowed

Nah, as badly as I want another dog... i probably do not need one. both of my dogs are fruits, i am sure the new puppy would be too.
OMG, that would drive me nuts!! I wouldn't have one let alone several if my dogs were like that. I have had jrt rescues here like what you have described, most of them with training stopped, however I have had a couple of resuces that were truely hyper. Needless to say, they were very difficult to place.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:21 AM
F150 and a .30-06

You say it like he has a option of getting a westie or not.

Opps, hun it just fallowed me home. Can we keep it (bat eyelashes)

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 11-06-2009, 12:57 AM
Plus One

Smile

We have one at our training class it's just a puppy and it's so cute and small. might have something to do with the fact that all the other dogs are big and adults lol. I think you shouild get one and post lots of pics
Old 11-06-2009, 01:49 AM
Taxiderpy

hmmm......real answer? It might be easier on Lynn and Ruckus to wait until Ruckus passes, as terrible as that sounds, before adding a puppy to the mix. Especially a terrier puppy.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:28 AM
EVIL SHELTIES!!!!

originally I was going to wait until Ruckus passes. Ruckus has issues sometimes, and Lynn is BUCK wild.

But I am really thinking about getting one though! LOL
my house already has two barking, rough housing, wild dogs. whats one more
Old 11-06-2009, 08:05 AM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
hmmm......real answer? It might be easier on Lynn and Ruckus to wait until Ruckus passes, as terrible as that sounds, before adding a puppy to the mix. Especially a terrier puppy.
This. It sounds like you have your hands full with the two that you have. I know, it is tempting, though!
Old 11-06-2009, 02:08 PM
Top Dog

D'awwww, the pups are so cute! But what would you do if the puppy grew up to have a crazy prey drive? You have a cat and a bunny, right? Also, with Ruckus' redirection issues, he could really traumatize a little puppy and that would cause issues later.

Personally, I don't think I will ever get a terrier while I own cats, except maybe something like a toy fox terrier (tiny enough that the cats could eat it if they got hungry--nah, I jest! But I do think my cats could defend themselves adequately against a TFT.)