Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-05-2009, 09:59 AM
Top Dog

In my 2 years of having Lola so far I can count on one hand how many times someone correctly identified her breed. For all the times that Lola's breed was mistaken I would need about another 4 hands and another 4 feet to be able to count.

She has been mistaken for a Cavalier King Charles, Pekingese, Cocker spaniel and others.

Can someone please kill this flea before it jumps on Lola
Old 11-05-2009, 10:01 AM
Top Dog

Gavroche has been called all sorts of things. Pitbull, American bulldog, chihuahua, dalmation, pointer
Old 11-05-2009, 11:16 AM
Top Dog

Bales is a mix of probably more than 2 breeds, so unusual guesses aren't uncommon.

I have gotten "dingo" several times, though.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:19 AM
Top Dog

I get the "K9" or "Police dog" ALOT, as if thats an actual breed .

Others have mistaken him for a wolf, Malinois, Doberman (that one actually happened when I was walking both my GSD and Dobe, as if you cant see the physical difference between the two), Beauceron (WTH?? How do people know what the hell a beauceron is but cant indetify a GSD), Lab (with pointy ears). Oh and the best one..... a long haired pitbull (he does have a muscular frame with a wide chest and a big head but come on!!)
Old 11-05-2009, 11:24 AM
:( only one :(

Lately, with Boomer and the way I groom him, people just don't know what breed he is. They think he's a mix.

Tilly always looks like a poodle.

Kassie had been called a shih tzu mix once, and a small bichon...very small bichon.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:56 AM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Someone thought my Westland White Terrier was cute *see above* (and yes.. they said the whole name). She has also been mistaken for a scottie (no DAMNIT!), yorkie.

Stryder has never really been mistaken for much.. once he opens his mouth most people know what he is as everyones grandparents seemed to have on as one point or another.... he was mistaken for a poodle and a mini PWD when I grew him out and shaved his butt one summer LOL.

EVERYONE knows that Lincoln and Tsuki are poodles. Only other thing is poodle mixes. No one really guesses cuz poodles only come in black and white so people are more curious.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:55 PM
overdogged

stevie got australian shepherd all the time when he was a baby (it's that blue merle thing) but not so much now that he's grown up into a collie. but sometimes.

mushroom = black lab.

luce = chocolate lab (hello ears!), vizsla, boxer, or rottweiler.
and Bean FDCh-S
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 11-05-2009, 02:19 PM
Top Dog

Surprisingly, hardly anyone guesses Dance's breed anymore. Mostly they just ask of she's one of those Nova Scotia dogs or if she's a Troller... and lots of people seem to know and refer to her properly as a Duck Toller nowadays too. I kind of miss the days when I had to repeatedly tell everybody what she was -- it bugs me sometimes that everyone knows what a Toller is now. The strangest breed guess I ever got for her was when somebody thought she was a pit bull, but that was a while back now. At the vet a couple of months ago though I overheard people talking about Dance. They were a couple and the husband said something a long the lines of "that's a really pretty dog... wonder what it is?", and the wife replied "oh, that's one of those Irish Setters", haha.

Most people seem to know what Keira is, but occassionally someone will ask if she's a Rottweiler or a pit bull. I've been asked multiple times though if Ripley is a chocolate Labrador, haha. I've even been asked that when he's out with Keira, and they always know right away that she's a Doberman.

Ripley
Keira CGN
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM
Old 11-05-2009, 02:24 PM
Sport Model Pug

Pugs = Pit Bulls, Bulldogs, Boston Terriers

Izzie gets called a mix coz she's pretty leggy, Ruby and Chai are smutty so people think they're mixes too...

And when i say 100% Pug no one believes me COZ MY DOGS ARE TOO SKINNY! *facepalm*
Old 11-05-2009, 02:28 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

That reminded me... Stryder is apparently a Schnauzer/Whippet mix cuz he's skinny.