Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-03-2009, 02:19 PM
Salty Sea Dog

well his responce back is he wants $250 for each of the pups...and "since these dogs uusally go for like 2 grand...thats a bargain"

however the remainder of the email was actually nicely put together, considerate and made it sound liek he does care at least a little...
hes claiming that his wife kicked him out and he cant find a rental with the female and the 3 remainding puppies...(likely story *rolls eyes*, but unfortunatly would pass as truth in this area because its neer impossible to rent with even a tiny dog)

so i told him unfortunatly thats a little more than id be interested in spending on a rescue, particularly considering the urgent circumstances.
i also mentioned that being the average in the area to euthanize a dog was over $100 for a small breed puppy, that its going to cost him more to euthanize the dogs...
i also said "so if the time gets closer and they still dont have homes lined up and youd be willing to let me take them..."

so we'll see.
he very obviously wants his cash.

i checked his number posted and it belongs to a boat top company (fiberglass stuff)...
ive contacted animal control in the area but their responce was "as long as he isnt inhumane with the puppies and has them humanely put to sleep theres nothing we can do about it"

i dont know what discusts me more, the fact that this guy is threatening to have these dogs put to sleep (truth or not) or the fact that animal control is unwilling to pull them.

im now scouring the interwebs for the nearest rescue that might be able to help.

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets

Old 11-03-2009, 03:22 PM
Top Dog

" Breeders " like this disgust me !!! I doubt if these poor pups had any of the care pups need from day one !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 11-03-2009, 03:37 PM
Top Dog

That's so sad

People like that are the reason I can't even look at craigslist anymore.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:53 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dogs3cats View Post
report it to A/C too.

wasnt there recently a story on the news about a BYB who said shes put down pom puppies if they didnt get adopted? Maybe getting A/C involved might get the word out and someone experienced can step in?
I'd get Rescue Ink involved They could be pretty intimidating standing at your front door and the guy would probably willingly give them up because Rescue Ink will not take his threat to PTS lightly. They in turn would make sure they got into proper homes. If A/C was to get involved there might not be much that they could do because dogs are considered property and with property you can do anything you want with it as long as it is not abuse.

Can someone please kill this flea before it jumps on Lola
Old 11-04-2009, 12:26 AM
Top Dog

Sounds to me it's a marketing ploy. What a jerk.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:44 AM
Top Dog

you could always report him to the IRS, 10:1 says he hasn't reported income earned from the sale of puppies.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:55 AM
BusterLove

Poor puppies, I hope something comes through for them.

Thats how we got Harry though, mum definetly didn't want another dog at the time. She met a woman at the local ag show who told her that her husband ran a station, he was going broke and shooting all the animals, she had 2 pups left and they were going to be killed the next day so she'd bought them into town to try to find them homes.
Mum said she'd meet them and then send me and my sister around asking if someone we know might help.
One look at Harry and she took him, they just clicked. I'm not surprised at his story though, they were giving them away and he had blood in his urine from the day we got him so I think he had a bloody rough start.