Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 11-03-2009, 07:29 AM
Angels in waiting....

Default Diesel Tore Up His Paw Pad...

I woke up this morning to my floors looking like someone had been murdered on them. My carpets are still red with blood as I've been busy dealing with Diesel who it appears knocked a glass off the kitchen counter (not sure who left it there but when I find out!!!) broke it and cut his foot pretty bad, in between the toes and the paw pad are pretty nasty looking. I flushed it, tore up an old t-shirt I had laying around and bandaged it tight and tied it on. Amazingly enough he hasn't gotten it off yet but he's trying to lick it. He kept licking it before I bandaged it too...grr...My vet is out of town, the nearest vet doesn't open until 2PM today. We have no e-vet in this hick town and none nearby either. Should I just keep a close eye on it until we can get him to the nearest vet? It was bleeding pretty bad but I got it to slow down massively...the thing is...there are no deep cuts. Is it normal for feet to bleed bad?

Thanks K9Krazee!

Click Please>
Old 11-03-2009, 07:42 AM
EVIL SHELTIES!!!!

I really dont know what to tell you about the bleeding. but yes. you do need to see a vet soon as possible.

I can tell you from experience that you will have a long road ahead of you to heal it. possible crate rest.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:48 AM
We are Home.

Talking to you about Diesel jinxed us. Scirocco just came through the door with his foot bleeding his is just a little scrape though. Hes bandaged and socked and pissed LOL

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 11-03-2009, 08:43 AM
Angels in waiting....

DC - LOL

Update:

I called an e-vet in upper MI, I can't go to him but he had me recheck his paw to see exactly where the injuries are. Hes got a small cut on the inside of his toe, two on the toe pads. Then I noticed it...his other leg was bleeding to. He has a deep gash on the back of his front right leg. So the advice was antibiotic ointment, which I have some TAO...he said that would work, he's wrapped socked, and I'm calling the vet nearest to us at home. See if we can't get him looked at before they open. It DEFINITELY needs stitches....What a mess...-sigh-

Thanks K9Krazee!

Click Please>
Old 11-03-2009, 09:50 AM
Top Dog

So sorry !!!

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 11-03-2009, 09:58 AM
Top Dog

We had one cut a pad once, but I don't remember much bleeding, if any. The vet said pads will heal just like anything else only somewhat slower.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:25 AM
Top Dog

always a good idea to learn how to do stitches
Old 11-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Top Dog

aw poor doggie! sorry to hear. glad he's ok!
Old 11-03-2009, 03:20 PM
Angels in waiting....

Pops, I'm tempted to take lessons. Don't know where you would go for something like that but I'll figure it out. He's doing well right now. The vet refused to open up until 130. Then had the nerve to tell me that since he wasn't brought in right away it was to late for stitches. I TRIED to tell the ******* on the phone that is was an emergency. HE is the one who refused to open early or come out to the house and see him. So he cleaned the cuts out, put some antibiotic sav on them and wrapped his legs. I have to change them every 24 hours. He's doing okay but walking funny not only because of the wraps but because I'm sure it hurts. He's really favoring that right leg.

Thanks K9Krazee!

Click Please>
Old 11-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Love My Mutt <3

...too late for stitches? That's bull. It won't heal up nicely on it's own if it's too deep. Sorry to hear about Diesel

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13