Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-03-2009, 03:48 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Default Ok, this gave me a smile

I am sitting reading the classifieds on a reptile forum I am on. How is this for an advert.

For sale, red tail boa male. 2 years old, eating well. Large custome cage, rats, decoration and snake for only R1000.
I don't want the snake anymore because he bit me and that is not what I want in a pet.

Now tell me, you buy yourself a snake and expect it to not ever bite you!

At least that made me smile.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 11-03-2009, 07:10 AM
Don't encourage me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppydog View Post
I am sitting reading the classifieds on a reptile forum I am on. How is this for an advert.

For sale, red tail boa male. 2 years old, eating well. Large custome cage, rats, decoration and snake for only R1000.
I don't want the snake anymore because he bit me and that is not what I want in a pet.

Now tell me, you buy yourself a snake and expect it to not ever bite you!

At least that made me smile.
I wonder if that would work for me..

*Cat, free to good home because she accidentally scratched me yesterday when trying to get onto my knee.*

Some people are really daft, and obviously don't research exotic pets correctly before taking them on.

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 11-03-2009, 07:11 AM
We are Home.

LMAO dumb arse.

I wonder if I can get rid of Walker for his farting lately.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 11-03-2009, 07:52 AM
<--------Orson

I guess I should've at least TRIED to rehome Zac (my 10 y/o son) when at age 2 he bit me! DANG! Why does nobody tell me these things until it's too late!

And Breeze, if you find a taker for a farting dog..........ask if they need two or have friends who would be interested! hahaha
Old 11-03-2009, 09:00 AM
Very Food Agressive

I've never been bitten by any of my three snakes But yeah, put all that effort into a boa then rehome it after one bite?! People usually post pictures of being tagged (Bitten by a snake) as a badge of honor!

Practice what you preach or keep your mouth shut.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:54 AM
Big Dog

Well I personally have only been bitten by one of my snakes, once, it certainly taught me to make very sure I washed my hands between handling him and handling food. Being bitten means you did something wrong by either making the snake think you were food, or making it very uncomfortable. Most professional snake handlers do not consider a bite good news from a hot snake or not. It means you stressed the snake out too much or you're handling practices might need to be checked over.

As to they guy wanting to get rid of his snake after 1 bite. It probably isn't a bad idea for someone who is afraid of being bitten to re-home a snake with a potential size of at least 12 feet long. No, he shouldn't have gotten it in the first place, but he certainly shouldn't be keeping it. I know I personally don't expect my snakes to bite me every time I handle them, but on a snake with that potential size biting is not good.

People that don't know what they're doing, but keep large snakes like this are who lead governments to think banning reptiles is a good idea. Hopefully someone who knows what they're doing takes his snake.

--Mia
Old 11-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Wookie Collie

WTF, haha. I mean, many people have had pet snakes and never been bitten, but you have to realize when you get a snake that the chance is always there.

WTF people :P

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 11-03-2009, 11:36 AM
EVIL SHELTIES!!!!

I have always had snakes and I have never been bit.
a huge red tail boa that bites need to be gotten rid of.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:43 AM
Top Dog

I wonder why he wasn't worried about getting squeezed when that snake gets older instead of bitten. I don't agree with making snakes into "pets." They belong out in nature. JMO.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-03-2009, 12:28 PM
Very Food Agressive

I don't think the snake needs to be gotten rid of, I think the owner should learn to wash his hands after handling the snakes food. If it's warm and smells like dinner, it's going to be bitten by a snake with poor vision.

Practice what you preach or keep your mouth shut.