Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-02-2009, 10:28 PM
Mainstreme Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy22 View Post
Having a pure bred is no longer cool anymore, its boring. Having a dog that consists of an interesting mix is now the new and exciting thing... Who cares what the dog actually looks like or how how their health is. *rolls eyes*. I am ALWAYS going to have a pure bred dog, unless its a rescue.
I think that's a broad generalization against anyone who doesn't own a purebred. Neither one of my girls is purebreds, but I have nothing against them nor do I think they're boring. I just love mixed breeds, I was RAISED with mixed breeds and therefore have a preference for them.

Then again I don't own a designer breed either, just plain old mutts.

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet
Old 11-03-2009, 01:12 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upendi&Mina View Post
I think that's a broad generalization against anyone who doesn't own a purebred.
It is, but a generalization is just that, and there will always be exceptions.
I was accused of having a purebred to stroke my own ego, so I could show off just how close to "the standard" my dog is. Basically because he is a purebreed that must mean he's no different than a fancy designer accessory.
But I don't really see how somebody with that opinion would really see themselves as any better. As if having a dog who is NOT a purebreed was some kind of badge about how UNconcerned they were with their "accessories?"
*shrug*

Life is way too short to spend it getting all up in arms worrying about what other people think of me and my little dog.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 11-03-2009, 09:11 AM
Salty Sea Dog

they aparently had the dogs 101 chinese crested show on this weekend and i missed it, but from what my mother was spouting off about what she "learnt" on the show im not impressed...

they said the breed "doesnt" bark...yes, yes they do...there not barkers in general, and when they do bark its more of a yodle/song than a typical dog back, but when you get them started or they think they have a reason...

or that the chinese crested is "origionally part chihuahua"
mabe the modern day chinese crested has chihauhua lines when origionally brought this direction to make them a little smaller and stockier...but chihuahuas are from south america, chinese cresteds are from Africa, and genetic testing have proved them closly related to the basenji rather than any of the worlds other hairless breeds/toy breeds (most of which are south american)

still gonna see if i can find the episode online so i can see what was actually said, mommy tends to recall things in strange ways lol.

i do agree they should have started with AKC regonized, then move onto the UKC, then ontop the rarer breeds...
once thy have all the pure bred dogs, then move onto the mixed breeds...i at least hope they made it clear that the "chiweenie" is NOT a breed...

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets

Old 11-03-2009, 10:03 AM
koda bear

I know that some of you havent gotten to see your breeds yet but im with you i had to wait an entire season to be done with, and not see the siberian husky which is a pretty popular breed but they did have them on the begining of the second season.Your breed will come just be patient.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Squishy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upendi&Mina View Post
I think that's a broad generalization against anyone who doesn't own a purebred. Neither one of my girls is purebreds, but I have nothing against them nor do I think they're boring. I just love mixed breeds, I was RAISED with mixed breeds and therefore have a preference for them.

Then again I don't own a designer breed either, just plain old mutts.
I wasn't talking about everyone. I was talking specificaly about people who go out and pay thousands for a designer mutt. A lot of them have the mindset that I just described... Sadly. I've only owned two purebreds In my life. The rest were mutts and crossbreeds.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:37 PM
Professional Nerd

I don't catch all of the episodes of Dogs 101. Is there a list online that covers the breeds that they have featured?

I've yet to see either that show or Breed All About It feature Belgians or APBTs/AmStafs, but perhaps I missed those.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:41 PM
koda bear

Ive seen belgians on breed all about it. but that was a long time ago.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:02 PM
Top Dog

I've only watched Dogs 101 a couple of times, and I can't say as I was overly impressed with the two episodes I did watch... but they were good for just the general public I guess who only want/need minimal but important information. I completely get what you mean though about featuring designer breeds as opposed to purebreds that haven't been featured yet... not quite the same circumstance, but I ran into the same sort of situation in a calendar store a week ago. All sorts of designer breeds while a whole bunch of purebreds haven't been featured yet.

I don't mind that some rare breeds are featured on the show though, as long as they're minimal. It would be more beneficial to have the more popular breeds featured first.

Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Ripley
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Fennec - Tollwest Sugar Fox
[temporary puppy]