Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 10-31-2009, 01:06 PM
Angels in waiting....

Default Neighbor Kids....UGH!

Did I ever mention how much I hate irresponsibility? Well I do! Today my sisters friend got some free kittens from Auction and brought them home without their parents knowing. Long story short the parents said NO. So they were over here talking about sneaking them inside and hiding them from their dad. WHAT?!?!?! Well I told them I would take one of the kittens, I now have a very scared little orange and white kitten with no name. It's a male. They have the other one still which, they're trying to talk their grandmother into taking. The kittens were barn kitties so I imagine it will take a while for him to settle in with the dogs and all.

Right now he is sitting on my uncles shoulder right now, he seems to feel comfortable up higher and away from the furry crew. I will get pictures as soon as I can. I do need help with names though! If anyone has any ideas. He is orange with a white chest and broken white legs, some white on his nose and around the eyes. He's a real spitfire and has already swatted cricket on the nose.

ETA: I just realized, he doesn't really have much of a tail...just a little nub!

Thanks K9Krazee!

Click Please>
Old 10-31-2009, 02:24 PM
Love my pets

Awe... can't wait for the pic.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:48 PM
Angels in waiting....

Barb, I will get pictures as soon as I can get the camera from mom

Thanks K9Krazee!

Click Please>
Old 10-31-2009, 05:05 PM
Top Dog

Hey! Great! I'm glad you got a little kitty. That was irresponsible of your friend to not ask her parents ahead of time. But I know how hard it is to resist those tiny kittens. This little one sounds really cute but maybe not too well socialized, so you'll have your work cut out. I wonder if that nubby tail is from one of those manx cats. Those orange cats are suppose to be extra docile and nice and I think I've heard that about those Manx. I bet he will settle in and turn out to be a great cat. Good luck and congrats! I'm not too good at names.

Can't wait for pictures!
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-31-2009, 05:22 PM
Top Dog

I had an orange cat as a child and named her Marmalade ! Kids !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 10-31-2009, 05:30 PM
Twin 2

Well, at least the end result is a kitten in a good home with you

I like the name Macintosh for orange tabby's personally. Looking forward to pictures!
Old 10-31-2009, 06:42 PM
Angels in waiting....

Well, we've decided on Stubs. Carrie, it was my little sisters friend not my own and she is only 10. I'm not to sure why the people even gave her the kittens. The kittens brother went with the kids grandmother. He didn't have a stub tail so we think momma kitty may have accidentally chewed the tail off when cutting the umbilical cord OR they are mixed with Manx. He's getting attached to me but still cautious about the dogs and little ones. I wish I knew their story. Pictures coming soon.

Thanks K9Krazee!

Click Please>
Old 10-31-2009, 09:07 PM
Top Dog

Aw-w-w-w! He sounds adorable! I love orange cats. <3 As a kid, we had one that "is NOT our cat" (my mom said, as she put out food and water and shelter for him ) that we called Mr. Marmalade.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:40 PM
Angels in waiting....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boemy View Post
Aw-w-w-w! He sounds adorable! I love orange cats. <3 As a kid, we had one that "is NOT our cat" (my mom said, as she put out food and water and shelter for him ) that we called Mr. Marmalade.
Sounds like something my mom would do. I'll tell you my step dad is not a cat person and at first he was like...ummm, why are you bringing that thing in here? But you know what? I know my step dad and he's an animal lover...he's attached now

Thanks K9Krazee!

Click Please>
Old 11-01-2009, 12:21 AM
Top Dog

My dad was raised on a farm and started out with a "animals belong outside attitude" . . . now my parents' cat, Phantom, has him wrapped around her little finger (er, paw!) I'll bet your stepdad will be the one secretly pampering the kitten and feeding him food he's not supposed to have in a couple weeks, LOL!

Stubs sounds so cute, I can't wait for pictures!