Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-26-2009, 11:00 PM
DILLIGAF?

Default Why I put Brenna down.

as most of you know, I've had to put Brenna to sleep recently, I am only posting this to explain why. I feel better about it now, and have absolutely no regrets about it at all.

Pretty much to sum it all up, Brenna got a big lump on the back of her neck a while ago and i had it removed and there was something like a 70% chance that it would not come back, I was told that before I had the lump removed, I was also told that she was too old and it wasn't worth it to get the lump removed.

I had the lump removed anyway and she recovered just fine. All was well up unit about a week and 1/2 ago. I got a call on my cell around 3 in the morning saying that Brenna was sounding weird when she was howling. and not in a good way, She normally howled for me while I was away. She was really concerned about Brenna which is NOT normal, so i just left that morning to go see Bren.

When I got there an picked her up, I knew something was not right, she was acting very weird and making low wimpers.

I thought cuddling with her would make her more happy, but that's when i found out that she was in pain.

I didn't even sleep after that, I was just sitting there with her until the vet's opened. I took her in there and told them what was going on and what needed to be done. The vet knew me pretty well so her just went in the back while I went n one of the rooms and he got me the needle prefilled and left the two of us alone.

I just held her in my arms and put her down, just holding her while she passed. She was happy and not afraid when she went. I drove her home and it started to rain on the drive home, it was still raining the entire time I buried her.

I;m still hurting, but she is better now and pain free.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:03 PM
We are Home.

You did right by Bren Scob, you showed the strength many people I know couldnt show.

((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 10-26-2009, 11:07 PM
Felurian

You did right. It was tough to do, but you did what was best for her, because of the love between you and because that's just the way you are. I'm proud of you.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-26-2009, 11:15 PM
Top Dog

good on you. much respect.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:20 PM
Just try me..

She knew Scob, and you with her in the end. None of us can wish for more than loving arms embracing us as we pass.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:20 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I am so sorry SCob. So terribly sorry I know you loved her like no other.
(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))) and tears. She died in the only place she should have.
I hope there is peace in that for you. RIP Brenna.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 10-26-2009, 11:23 PM
Top Dog

I'm so sorry. RIP BRENNA.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:23 PM
Twin 2.0

I am so sorry but you showed amazing strength in helping her pass before she suffered much. ((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))
Old 10-27-2009, 12:40 AM
Wookie Collie

It's an extremely tough decision, and you made the right one. She had you with her as her eyes closed, and she knew your devotion. <3

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 10-27-2009, 12:51 AM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Oh, Scob, I am so very sorry. RIP Brenna.