I KNEW it!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Ugh I knew it was too good to be true. I know Mia hasn't been the easiest pup as far as activity levels go or curiosity goes or any of that. But so far she hadn't chewed or destroyed anything which is saying a lot.

Up until a couple of days ago that is. Let's see in the past 3 days.... a novel is dead, a $200 textbook is dead. There are two new holes in my carpet. The potty pads can no longer be left out unless I want them to die, which is interesting to say the least because I was relying on potty pads while she'd be home alone for a long time. She killed a bra too, chewed right through the strap. And that bra was put up but she's figured out how to open the cabinet with the laundry basket in it and there's no door to lock her out of that part of the apartment.

*Sigh* I guess we're hitting the REAL teenage years.

xpaeanx

If it makes you feel any better, Bailey chewed up one of my really expensive panties.... AND he pooped IN my bed not once, but TWICE!

JoeLacy

The problem is Mia is a smiling dog like Peyton. Even though your new bed comforter has been turned in shredded scraps, you can't be too angry when looking at that face in spite of the bedroom floor being cover with soup bones and "approved" toys.

have you tried to pad trays?

Armani used to destroy his when he was a puppy until I bought the tray, it clamps it down and he doesnt bother it anymore.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
have you tried to pad trays?

Armani used to destroy his when he was a puppy until I bought the tray, it clamps it down and he doesnt bother it anymore.
Yep, that just makes it more fun for her- it's more of a challenge to destroy it. :rolleyes:

If it makes you feel any better, Bailey chewed up one of my really expensive panties.... AND he pooped IN my bed not once, but TWICE!
Ewwwww, I'm glad she hasn't done that yet!

You're right though, she's too cute and she doesn't mean to be bad, she just is.:lol-sign:

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
Come now Laur, you know Paps, you have at least a year and a half left of this.

I can safely taunt because Ben is only just coming out of his obnoxious teenage stage! LOL!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Come now Laur, you know Paps, you have at least a year and a half left of this.

I can safely taunt because Ben is only just coming out of his obnoxious teenage stage! LOL!
I'm hoping she'll do like Nard. He went from Hellion to basically perfect overnight when he was about 10 months old. Mia is more active than he was (I didn't think that was possible at the time) but she hadn't been as destructive until now. Nard is probably now the second calmest of the paps! :eek: I would never have guessed there was a gentleman lurking under there.

xpaeanx

oh, at petsmart they sell these washable pads... I used them with muffy... he liked to shred his too, but the washable ones are a thick fabric, so he couldn't.

While having to wash instead of just toss REALLY sucks.... at least you don't come home to wee wee pad confetti.

ETA: go to petsmart, not petco. for whatever reason(at least when I bought them) petco was WAYYYYYYYY more expensive than petsmart on the pads.

Members online

No members online now.