Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #131  
Old 12-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Pandemonium's Avatar
Pandemonium Pandemonium is offline
Show Dog
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alderslea Ontario Canada
Posts: 229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkie View Post
Every time I see Grammy's post my heart scrunches up. Whoever brought this up, you brought tears to my eyes. I am glad to see her, but it hurts all the same. I guess the postive is it is here her words live on, not just in our memories.
Grammy was the first to welcome me here at Chaz. Every time I see one of the older threads bumped, and I see her name, it's like time has stood still and she's still here with us. I think it's her way of staying in our hearts and minds.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 12-09-2012, 02:06 PM
Dakotah's Avatar
Dakotah Dakotah is offline
Kotah BEAR
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: GA
Posts: 7,998
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemonium View Post
Grammy was the first to welcome me here at Chaz. Every time I see one of the older threads bumped, and I see her name, it's like time has stood still and she's still here with us. I think it's her way of staying in our hearts and minds.
I completely agree.
I miss Grammy a lot <3
__________________
*War Eagle*
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 12-09-2012, 02:45 PM
SevenSins
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
I was reminded of one, so I dragged up dead thread

Advise in place of advice.
"LITERALLY." It drives me insane when people misuse the word "literally."

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/literally
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 12-09-2012, 03:00 PM
Dogdragoness's Avatar
Dogdragoness Dogdragoness is offline
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gillett/San Antonio TX
Posts: 3,150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Oh and double negatives

I don't got none
Hey ... That's a southern way of talkin', I say "ain't got none" alot :/

I hate the word "way" (which in Spanish means "dude" or "man") some guys use it FAR too much in Convo :/ also the slang dialect of Spanish really makes my skin crawl.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 12-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Renee750il's Avatar
Renee750il Renee750il is offline
Felurian
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Where the selas blooms
Posts: 94,266
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSins View Post
"LITERALLY." It drives me insane when people misuse the word "literally."

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/literally
Oh, you mean like when someone says, "I literally D-I-E DIED" . . . and they're still talking?

Does it literally -- or metaphorically -- drive you insane?
__________________
In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves. ~Buddha

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.


There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.


Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 12-09-2012, 03:14 PM
SevenSins
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Oh, you mean like when someone says, "I literally D-I-E DIED" . . . and they're still talking?
YES!

Quote:
Does it literally -- or metaphorically -- drive you insane?
Some days, I'm just not sure. LOL
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 12-09-2012, 06:42 PM
Dogdragoness's Avatar
Dogdragoness Dogdragoness is offline
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gillett/San Antonio TX
Posts: 3,150
Default

MY pet peeve is ppl telling ppl from the SOUTH that our "way" of grammer is ****ed up ... LMBO. :P
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 12-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Airn's Avatar
Airn Airn is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bentonville, AR
Posts: 908
Default

Eh. I'm from the South and I hate people that talk like we go to school in a one-room school-house. You know, the one by the cotton field? Living in the south isn't an excuse to talk like you're uneducated. It gives the rest of the people a bad rep. I don't know of many Northern phrases that make the people using them sound like a 4th grade drop-out.

My area should not be famous for a phrase like "Git r dun".
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 12-09-2012, 07:02 PM
Lyzelle's Avatar
Lyzelle Lyzelle is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 2,563
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSins View Post
"LITERALLY." It drives me insane when people misuse the word "literally."

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/literally
Lol This is me. I attempt to say it sarcastically. Often fail.
__________________

Lyz and Zander
zaner-waner-fluffy-butt <3

'05 Siberian Husky

Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 12-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Dogdragoness's Avatar
Dogdragoness Dogdragoness is offline
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gillett/San Antonio TX
Posts: 3,150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airn View Post
Eh. I'm from the South and I hate people that talk like we go to school in a one-room school-house. You know, the one by the cotton field? Living in the south isn't an excuse to talk like you're uneducated. It gives the rest of the people a bad rep. I don't know of many Northern phrases that make the people using them sound like a 4th grade drop-out.

My area should not be famous for a phrase like "Git r dun".
Ugh I HATE git-r-done, I was referring more to like slang phrases like "ain't", ya'll, & the general accent ... I don't have an accent in fact ppl always think I'm from California lol
__________________


Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site