Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-24-2009, 07:33 PM
Behavior Nerd

My personal preference is between $10 and $15 plus shipping. Most expensive was maybe $20 - before I found the awesome online merchants I use now (Love of Qwill on etsy and Trendy Hounds). I have 3 awesome inlaid ribbon ones that were originally $30 each, but were on sale for buy one get 2 free!!

Old 10-24-2009, 08:14 PM
Taxiderpy

My favorite collar came from ring around the collar, they look really similar to the ones you posted Dizz, I really recommend checking them out! They are only $23 and part of it goes to pay for greyhound medical bills.

A Ring Around The Collar - Martingale sighthound dog collars & leashes :: Borzoi, Afghan Hounds, Saluki, Whippet, Greyhounds ::
Old 10-24-2009, 08:43 PM
Top Dog

several years ago i paid $86 + $8 shipping (US dollars) for one from ugly dog ranch. it is 4 inch wide 2 layers of ballistic nylon custom sized at 23 inches w/ a riveted brass contact info plate.

ETA
the same collar now is a standard production size & costs $20 before adding the plate.

Last edited by Pops2; 10-24-2009 at 09:12 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:45 PM
orange iguanas.

I don't think I could justify anything more than $20-$25. To me they're just collars, my dogs only wear them so I don't lose them... so while I want something cute, I don't see any reason to spend a hunk of money on them. Petsmart quality is good enough for me lol.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 10-25-2009, 12:52 AM
and Fozzie B!

I wouldn't pay more than $100 for a collar...

I used to think expensive leather/custom/fancy collars were for purse dogs, but they are actually WELL worth the price if you buy from a reputable source. Fozzie's leather collars were $80 & $60, but they both still look flawless after 1+ years. I used to buy standard rolled leather collars from Petsmart or whatever, and they would last 1-2 years. I bought Gonzo a $50 rolled leather collar online from a really amazing leather company, and the difference is striking. This one only gets better with wear, and is unphased by constantly getting wet.

If they're going somewhere that I know they'll get filthy, like the trails where Fozzie loves rolling in unidentifiable substances, I usually throw on Lupine collars... but only because I don't feel like spending time cleaning the leather.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 10-25-2009, 10:30 PM
Proud Schnoodle Mama

My limit for Stella is $25.....she's harder on her collars that our Sadie was......Sadie....I would have spent more because they lasted her longer!

http://stellalind.wordpress.com/
Old 10-25-2009, 11:34 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoodleMommy View Post
Well you cant use collars on small dogs, but harnesses? I would probably spend that much, LOL.... harnesses are more expensive to begin with... to get a decent one, I have to spend at least 25 or so.
^that.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:01 AM
Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One

I would never spend more then 25$ You can't see her collar, and all I want it to do it to do is to keep her safe, we have a harness to walk her with.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:22 AM
Big Dog

I would spend up to 50$....My guys only wear collars out to events and to the vet so I like to have nice ones...they wont get dirty because they don't have them on when they play....but I'm also always on the lookout for collars on the clearance rack too

This is probably the most expensive ...because it was custom made

Lisa @ collarmania.com is awesome

Last edited by Pits&Pugs; 10-26-2009 at 08:12 AM.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:29 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Those collars are STUNNING Dizz. I think you should go for the teal one.
Also, if you can, pop into Harrods, they have an amazing collar section! It is to die for.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/