Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-04-2005, 06:29 PM
no touchy

Oh, I know that little dogs can do lots of damage and it really bugs me when people underestimate their strength, but I'm pretty sure Misty could have killed Lucy. I was extremely careful when seperating them. I know someone who's Mom lost a little bit of the tops of two of her fingers seperating a dog fight and as I said I've seen dogs go at eachother and fight and have learned how to properly seperate a fight.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 09-04-2005, 06:40 PM
user not active

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddylovesdogs
Oh, I know that little dogs can do lots of damage and it really bugs me when people underestimate their strength, but I'm pretty sure Misty could have killed Lucy. I was extremely careful when seperating them. I know someone who's Mom lost a little bit of the tops of two of her fingers seperating a dog fight and as I said I've seen dogs go at eachother and fight and have learned how to properly seperate a fight.

You gotta understand mine, and others perspective If our dogs bite, there will be at least a broken arm with enough muscle damage to do permanent damage.

A small scratch from small dog is nothing. Saparating small dog fight is nothing more then grabbing both by collars and twisting them.

Thats mainly the reason i dont take small dogs seriously, because comparatively they reallly cant cause any damage.

p.s.

I've been bitten by breeds from JRT's to dobermans to malamute.
Old 09-04-2005, 07:29 PM
no touchy

A small dog CAN do damage, but I doubt they could do as much as quickly as a large dog could. The neighbors are lucky Tippy wasn't the one who was attacked because she would have bit Misty right on the nose sending the dog with rushing home with it's tail between it's legs.
Just sleeping.
Old 09-04-2005, 09:51 PM
Top Dog

I personally feel that little nippy, yippy dogs need to be watched more than large well socialized dogs. Most little ones are brought up as their " babies"...no obedience, socialization, just pampered pets .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 09-05-2005, 11:11 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddylovesdogs
A small dog CAN do damage, but I doubt they could do as much as quickly as a large dog could. The neighbors are lucky Tippy wasn't the one who was attacked because she would have bit Misty right on the nose sending the dog with rushing home with it's tail between it's legs.
Ya, if Rose was on the other end of the leash instead of Lucy, she either would have chased the dog away, or freaked out. (One time Rose slipped her collar and chased this Border Collie mix that was coming toward us in a friendly way, not being aggressive at all. I felt so bad for the poor thing because as soon as he saw Rose coming, he tucked his tail and ran like the wind. Rose didn't do anything to him. As soon as he was back in his yard, Rose came back like, "See! I got rid of the big scary dog!" *shakes head*)
If it was Blackie, that dog would have gotten bit, I probably would have gotten dragged, and Blackie would be getting choked because he'd be pulling me with his Slip Collar on.
Well, ok, that was what Blackie would have used to do. Now he probably ignore the dog until it got right up next to him, and then he'd growl/lunge/bark/bite/whatever. And then when the dog backed off, he'd be ok till it came back.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:32 AM
My pets love me they do

As we being great pet owners know it is the responsibility of the owner to keep their dogs either put in the house, behind a fence or on a leash. It could of been a small child. Dont matter the size of a dog a bite is a bit.

Old 09-06-2005, 05:07 PM
no touchy

A lot of small dog owners figure that just because the dog is small that it can't do great damage, and that bugs me. But I know that Lucy would never bite anyone intentionally unless it was to protect herself and her home and family. I feel this was 75% Misty's fault for rushing across the street in an aggressive way and the stupid owner's for not properly restraining their dog who is known for running after other dogs. I feel it is 25% Lucy's fault though because she freaked out when Misty crossed the street.
Just sleeping.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:48 PM
chowchow

yesterday we had a family cook out. I was talking about the vicous dog that came after me and Gracie, lived next door to my sister. Her husband said that dog bit 4 people that he knew of, one was a kid! Yet these people allowed that dog to run freely when they was home. Makes no sense.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:51 AM
K9 Dogs Europe

I think that smocking and drinking have nothing to do with the problem. The thing is that the character of dogs is that, they all the time can start a fight because of there nature. All dogs like to be the alpha dog in the group. If you only look at a group of puppy***8217;s you can see this very clearly. As soon the line of strength is cleared, this will stop until some dog start trying to be the alpha dog. It is good nobody get wounded.

Take care
Alex
Old 09-07-2005, 02:38 AM
Active Pup

owners are totally responsible for their dog's behavior and aggressions, both morally and legally.

on court tv, there was a case where someone's dog was offleash and startled a next door neighbor's dog who was onleash. the offleash dog did not bark, chase or rush the leashed dog. however, the leashed dog was so scared, he ran around his owner's legs and created welts with the leash.

well, the owner with the welts on his legs sued in small claims and was awarded the maximum amount for pain and suffering.

although i feel this was unjust because the unleashed dog did nothing antagonistic, like a lot of the dogs described here, his owner was still held responsible for his causing the other dog to go ballistic.

anyways, this teaches us that we shouldn't take our responsibility so lightly. at the very least, it will affect our pocketbook.