Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-03-2005, 08:53 PM
Big German Shepherd

Sometimes dogs get loose. I wish people wouldn't just label them as IRRESPONSIBLE OWNERS!!!!! THE DOG GOT LOOSE, IRRESPONSIBLE!!

Rocky's gotten loose a couple of times but it happens, he's a fast dog, I'm sorry.

And he'll go hackles raised barking at people he doesn't know near his territory, he's a guard dog, that's what he does. But to label them as irresponsible, that's kind of mean.

Sometimes I feel like the worst owner when I come here...
Old 09-03-2005, 08:58 PM
Walks into Mordor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog2191
Sometimes dogs get loose. I wish people wouldn't just label them as IRRESPONSIBLE OWNERS!!!!! THE DOG GOT LOOSE, IRRESPONSIBLE!!

Rocky's gotten loose a couple of times but it happens, he's a fast dog, I'm sorry.

And he'll go hackles raised barking at people he doesn't know near his territory, he's a guard dog, that's what he does. But to label them as irresponsible, that's kind of mean.

Sometimes I feel like the worst owner when I come here...
I'm sure everyone's dog has gotten loose at some point, and that doesn't make you irresponsible. I know what you're going through with Rocky, and to me, that's the definition of responsible.

But for instance, in my chihuahua incident, the owner was sitting in a chair her front yard, having a snack, with her chihuahua running around the yard loose. The dog saw Zeus and charged. I think that definately qualifies as irresponsible, especially since the lady said the chihuahua does this "all the time."
Old 09-03-2005, 09:18 PM
no touchy

My dogs have gotten loose too - I remember when Colby and May were standing by a lawn truck freaking this poor guy out. But these neighbors have their dog off-leash with them all the time. Yeah, I let my dogs off-leash with me sometimes, but then again I can say, "No, leave him alone" and they'll stay by me - this dog just charges at people and when her owners say, "Misty!" she just ignores them.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:33 PM
chowchow

Princess gets loose every once in awhile. I get ticked at the ones in my neighborhood that I know for a fact are being allowed to run free. I agree, that neighbor should have had a leash on their dog while outside. Glad no one was hurt!

Gaddy I'm sorry, I was just giving you a hard time when I said I smoke. I do smoke but the way you described your neighbor that could have been anyone of us. I think I know the type of person you were trying to describe. We have some of them in this town!
Old 09-03-2005, 10:37 PM
Are you dead yet?

ACK, Gaddy!! I'm glad you and Lucy are okay.
Old 09-04-2005, 07:16 AM
user not active

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddylovesdogs
I'm not saying because they smoke and drink alchohol means they're bad people (one of my sisters smokes and my Mom likes to drink wine) but these people drink and smoke A LOT. They're sort of drunks.

Lucy was a bit scared and undersocialized before I start training her. Now she is getting much, much better. She good friends with a bernese mountain dog which is a lot bigger than Misty.
Good good, im glad she's getting better.

Old 09-04-2005, 11:13 AM
no touchy

It's OK Becca. It's just babyblue's whole post was basically against me when I didn't even do anything. I know that just because someone smokes and/or drinks doesn't mean they are a bad person - like I said earlier one of my sisters smokes and she is one of th coolest people you'll meet - but these neighbors are drunks.
Just sleeping.
Old 09-04-2005, 01:49 PM
no touchy

Quote:
They have their dog outside, off-leash with them quite often. And she's charged at people before, this isn't the first time she's charged me.
Just sleeping.
Old 09-04-2005, 03:10 PM
chowchow

Those people were in the wrong Gaddy. People like that make my blood boil. It's not funny to have a dog charge after you. A dog that you know for a fact is being allowed to run freely. Not one that just happen to get loose, but one that the owner allows to run in an unfenced yard with no leash, and more so when they know that dog has chased after other dogs. You have every right to be upset.
Old 09-04-2005, 04:57 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

dont ever underestimate the power of a small dog bite..i had one bite right thru my thumbnail and not turn loose..glad you are ok..be very very careful ever seperating a dog fight...even little dogs can lead to big stitches.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,