Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-20-2009, 09:47 PM
Top Dog

ehh, I download music. And I still don't never did find myself wondering why the prices were so high before..
I would love to have the money to buy on iTunes, but it really adds up. The giftcards are always great to get! The only thing I would obviously buy were the apps for my iPhone and videos.
I've never gotten a virus because of limewire or anything, but of course it happens.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:59 PM
Just try me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
I know.... I know.... I am a jerk.

But unless the song you are asking for is freeware, you are asking to be a thief.

Yeah, roll your eyes. Its the truth. And we wonder why stuff is so expensive. Music and software....
Well no.. actually they have been getting over all cheaper. If you look at the cost of music over the last few decades its actually getting a 'reality' check. And its not that I am adverse to paying the artist. Look at what Radio Head did! Considering how many people are being 'discovered' from youtube etc, and the fact that artists would make more money if fans could pay what they wanted for it...

the problem is the whole industry.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:28 PM
Yorkie Love

Haha... just read this and thought of this thread...

This is what Shakira thinks about people who download...

Quote:
In a recent interview, she explained that she felt "closer" to the "fans and the people who appreciate the music" when her music is downloaded, illegal or otherwise. She goes on to say:

"It's the democratisation of music in a way. And music is a gift. That's what it should be, a gift."
Old 10-21-2009, 06:21 PM
Blow. Me. Away.

I use iTunes and MP3 Rocket (virtually the same thing as Limewire). I used to use Limewire until it over ran my computer with viruses. I buy CDs too; usually only Eminem CDs though, because I always love all his songs. If it was that big of a deal, it wouldn't take much for the police to shut Limewire and MP3 Rocket down if they wanted to, so obviously it's not too big of an issue.

Old 10-21-2009, 06:45 PM
Top Dog

I've been at this for 2 years (no antivirus and downloading left right and center) and so far so good. We have Norton around here somewhere but I'm not eager to install another program that will send me update notices and pop-ups and all that BS. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmexyPibble View Post
If it was that big of a deal, it wouldn't take much for the police to shut Limewire and MP3 Rocket down if they wanted to, so obviously it's not too big of an issue.
Well they sued the crap out of Pirate Bay and sent the owners/creators to jail but the site is still up and running. By "they" I mean... a lot of people Sony, etc... but it was over movies, games, etc. Not music IIRC. And the defendants are Swedish. But my point is there are a lot of people PO'd about it and the site still isn't taken down.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:54 PM
Just try me..

iz so sad Oink is gone.. Oink was the best...
Old 10-21-2009, 07:16 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
iz so sad Oink is gone.. Oink was the best...
Oink? Must've been before my time.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:17 PM
Blow. Me. Away.

Has anyone ever heard the whole Boats and Hoes song from Stepbrothers!? Listen to it.

YouTube - Boats 'N Hoes - Step Brothers Music Video [HQ]

Old 10-21-2009, 07:27 PM
Silence! I ban you!

In Puck's defense, he's right. It is technically stealing. Just because everybody does it, doesn't make it legal. It's like doing 75 in the 65 MPH zone. Sure everyone does it, but don't complain when you get a ticket. The cops may not catch everyone, but they generally catch someone.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:34 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fransheska101 View Post
I just dont want it to be ME that gets in trouble
See, we don't see this issue here, I guess that's why I don't care about doing it lol Completely legal here, as long as we are not downloading and burning for other people

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13