Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 10-21-2009, 09:42 AM
not so newby

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppydog View Post
What medication is he going to be put on?
Lilly has become a puppy again, she is on Fortekor and Lasix. She has her days when she is a little tired but otherwise totally fine.

Watch for fatigue, coughing, lethergy and disinterest in food. If he coughs up phlegm, collect it in a jar and take it to the vet. Ensure any little cold, cough and sniffle is checked out, you can't take risks with them.

Once he is on the road to feeling better, start exersizing him every day. He is going to need gentle exersize to build up that heart muscle.
Lilly goes on a 9km walk every morning, and she was near death 7 months ago. The vet is expecting her to make her full life expectancy. Don't let yourself be bogged down by doom and gloom. There is so much that can go RIGHT with this. Keep positive and do all you can.

I don't know what meds the vet will put him on. I will find out tomorrow. I will post more tomorrow when I get him from the vet.

Thank you for the advice, reading that you have a dog living a happy fullfilled life with this makes me feel so much better. He's definitely my boy.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:01 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

He will be fine. If you have caught it early enough you can almost stop it in it's tracks. It does get expensive! I buy all of Lillys medicaiton right away at the beginning of the month so I know I will have it before I run out of money.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 10-21-2009, 10:05 AM
Top Dog

Watch for swollen legs too .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 10-21-2009, 11:03 AM
not so newby

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatd View Post
Watch for swollen legs too .

I did read about that also. I have been very vigilant in watching for any kind of warning signs that might require an ER visit.

I know that the meds can get expensive along with the vet treatment. I'm so glad that I decided to get him insurance. It makes it much easier to make decisions based on how my boy is doing, and not having to worry about whether I can afford it or not.

I'm still holding out hope that this isn't the issue with him. But I want to be prepared for the worse so I'm not blind sided about what could be.

Thank you all again for your advice and support.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:49 AM
Puppy Dog

I had a mini schnauzer who had congestive heart failure when she was about 7. I would highly recommend holistic pet care if you can afford it or if your pet insurance pays for it.

If you're interested in holistic pet care, you can find information here: The Healing Art of Pet Parenthood: THE BLOG or naturallycomplementary.com | holistically healing animals with complementary alternative medicines...naturally. (These are not my websites.)