Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 10-10-2009, 05:23 PM
ACoops favorite

Default Pictures of my Goldfish (Orandas)

This is Clancy (we've renamed them about 5 times)

This is Gacy. We're not sure he's a pure bred oranda. Not that I care, but I just am curious about whether different types of goldfish can cross breed. He looks like an Oranda/Ryukin mix.

See? this is Gacy again. He's just shaped differently then the other fish, but he's very healthy.

This is Charlie. He was a red cap, but now he's turning orange.

Clancy again.
Old 10-10-2009, 05:26 PM
ACoops favorite

This is what they looked like when they were younger...notice how they're NOT all orange??

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by sammgirl; 10-10-2009 at 05:38 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 05:52 PM
swimming upstream

I love goldfish!
Old 10-11-2009, 11:28 AM
ACoops favorite

Thanks!! I love them too! They were soooo small when I bought them, but they've really grown up alot. They've lost most of their color- as you can see, they were black and orange when I bought them, and now...well...they're totally orange.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:30 PM
Big Dog

We have 2 goldfish that are probably 6 years old now! One is a red cap and the other is just a regular one. I love the mustache on Gacy...thats the reason we chose one of ours but it soon disappeared Later we found out however that the black on goldfish is usually due to high ammonia levels (ammonia burn) which is why it usually goes away after your bring them home from the pet stores and give them better water quality. So its definitely a good thing!
Old 10-11-2009, 01:03 PM
ACoops favorite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kms1167 View Post
We have 2 goldfish that are probably 6 years old now! One is a red cap and the other is just a regular one. I love the mustache on Gacy...thats the reason we chose one of ours but it soon disappeared Later we found out however that the black on goldfish is usually due to high ammonia levels (ammonia burn) which is why it usually goes away after your bring them home from the pet stores and give them better water quality. So its definitely a good thing!
Oh, very cool!!! Yeah, the black started to fade almost immediately... We were disappointed, because they were SO CUTE when they had black caps and little black mustaches.

Good to know about the ammonia. That's always a battle with goldfish. We have used ammonia reducing chemicals, but I prefer just to keep the tank cycling normally b/c I think it's healthier.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:10 AM
Taxiderpy

Clancy's face is precious! I love those guys. I wish we could get some of the more deformed/awesome kinds, but they would probably get picked on by our koi and shubunkin.

I guess if you like black, there are always shubunkins. Ours is almost totally orange with awesome black markings. I do want to get a sarassa comet, but haven't found "the one" yet.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:35 AM
Don't encourage me..

Coolios! I have goldies too..

Gacy looks kinda like a Pearlscale to me.. Depending on his age, possibly a crown pearlscale..

I have.. 2 Ryukin.. One orange and white, one black and silver..

2 Lionsheads one totally silver, one orange and white, 3 Harlequin japanese fantails, 2 yellow goldfish and 2 orange.. And I have a couple of Koi.

I had a yellow Pearlscale but she died not so long ago.. I have no idea why though, she was fine one day and dead the next..

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 10-13-2009, 12:07 PM
ACoops favorite

Quote:
Clancy's face is precious! I love those guys. I wish we could get some of the more deformed/awesome kinds, but they would probably get picked on by our koi and shubunkin.

I guess if you like black, there are always shubunkins. Ours is almost totally orange with awesome black markings. I do want to get a sarassa comet, but haven't found "the one" yet.
Awww!!! Thanks! Yes, I do love shubunkins. I WOULD get one, but I only found out about them after I got the orandas, and I read that the shubunkins can't be kept in the same tank as the "fancy" goldfish (Orandas are like giant, slow moving cows with big fins, LOL and shubunkins and comets are well...faster moving I guess).

Ooooo!!! The sarassas are beautiful!!! I can see why you want one!

Quote:
Coolios! I have goldies too..

Gacy looks kinda like a Pearlscale to me.. Depending on his age, possibly a crown pearlscale..

I have.. 2 Ryukin.. One orange and white, one black and silver..

2 Lionsheads one totally silver, one orange and white, 3 Harlequin japanese fantails, 2 yellow goldfish and 2 orange.. And I have a couple of Koi.

I had a yellow Pearlscale but she died not so long ago.. I have no idea why though, she was fine one day and dead the next..
Yeah, the fancy goldies are very hard to keep. It seems like things have to be juuuuuuust right in the aquarium or before you know it you've got a tank full of sick fish.

Gacy could very well be a pearl scale mix of some kind. He sure doesn't look like an oranda to me.

I do love pearl scales...almost got one instead of another oranda, but I just decided to stick wtih the orandas...

Koi are another fish I'm fascinated with. All of the Japanese/Chinese goldies are just gorgeous and they seem to grow so fast and get sooooooo big!!!!!
Old 10-24-2009, 11:27 AM
Beagle Foster Mom

They are beautiful!
I love fancy goldfish.I don't currently have any,but used to have orandas,a lionhead,a bubble eye,a celestial,shubunkins,sarassas,black moores and regular comet and common goldfish.

In search of my "best friend"