Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-25-2009, 03:44 PM
Just try me..

ok so you are ignoring my posts lol! (if you don't like what you read .. just ignore it if it might change your opinion)

But for the rest who are reading...DS you are so right about training a dog to be a therapy dog is in no way going to prepare you for a dog with a serious issue, unless your dog has a serious issue. That is like saying I collect rocks in my back yard so therefore I know how to make fine jewelery.

Being an agility trainer, obedience trainer or having animals in films.. none of this is all that relevant to a dog with a serious brain chemical imbalance.

If I hadn't taken Sammy he was going to be gassed. I was his last chance, but the fault (contrary to what some think) was not MY fault but his breeders.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:46 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchild16 View Post
And you help them with money congratulations why not take what you offered Lola and foster some dogs to help them? Why not go to the kennel? Im sorry but thats usually alot more help over time then money.

I would love to foster dogs. I do not think that the Landlord would approve of me having anymore than one dog though and I have a very small one bedroom apartment.

Can someone please kill this flea before it jumps on Lola
Old 10-25-2009, 03:48 PM
I'm All Ears

I'll admit that I have no idea how to handle a dog with a lot of major problems. Despite being a shelter worker, showing dogs, training them in agility, dealing with minor issues, etc... it's not the same thing at all. Saying I could work through Summer's SA doesn't mean at all that I could have worked through the boxer's. In fact I know I wouldn't have been able to handle it and probably would have given up sooner than his owner did.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:51 PM
We are Home.

Ok, understand the landlord thing but space, not so much, We have 5 adults 4 kids and 7 dogs in a 3 bedroom 1600 sq. foot house at one time. But we did it because we loved the dogs and she neded a place to go, she was HW+, just had a leg amputated and HATED anything smaller then her. It took ALOT of work to keep her but no one else would. Thankfully we found her a great home,

if you are SOOOOO passionate about it there are ways besides fostering, heck my mom spends half of her week right now at a rescue kennel feeding, walking, medicating, and everything they need at the kennel. You know why because she LOVES dogs and she wants to help the dogs and the rescue. Even when she worked 12 hours and day and had our 5 at home with teh 2 of us and her granddaughter she still found time to volunteer. I geuss she should just say well i have to much to do the dogs dont need their walks.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 10-25-2009, 03:52 PM
Just try me..

Some people would rather tell others they are doing it wrong than doing anything about it themselves.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:53 PM
We are Home.

Exactly, Im one of the ones who theres a scared large dog I approach his kennel to get him out I DOUBT LD would have the balls to do that,he leaves the dirty work to others.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:54 PM
Just try me..

I was thinking more the actual effort.. as well as the face that if you try that means you might fail.. then you couldn't tell everyone how easy it is.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:55 PM
We are Home.

That too, who wants to actually HELP the dogs with the issues just tell the people who KNOW and DO IT what to do

Old 10-25-2009, 03:57 PM
Just try me..

Accuse me of leaving a dog to be gassed, and then when I post what happened not even so much as an "oh sorry'...

Must be nice to have all the answers
Old 10-25-2009, 03:58 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
ok so you are ignoring my posts lol! (if you don't like what you read .. just ignore it if it might change your opinion)

But for the rest who are reading...DS you are so right about training a dog to be a therapy dog is in no way going to prepare you for a dog with a serious issue, unless your dog has a serious issue. That is like saying I collect rocks in my back yard so therefore I know how to make fine jewelery.

Being an agility trainer, obedience trainer or having animals in films.. none of this is all that relevant to a dog with a serious brain chemical imbalance.

If I hadn't taken Sammy he was going to be gassed. I was his last chance, but the fault (contrary to what some think) was not MY fault but his breeders.
That is of course the dog being trained to be a therapy dog had problems as Lola had but I guess you glazed over that part.

No I am not ignoring your posts. I am trying to keep up with the barrage of attacks and giving answer as I can.

This is my last answer in this thread and I will close it like this, You have your opinions, I have mine. Let's just agree that we disagree. Now you can go one with your life and I will go on with mine.

Can someone please kill this flea before it jumps on Lola