Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-14-2009, 01:04 PM
We are Home.

LOL. It fits them both. LOL. Im sure Bev doesnt mind sharing her nickname with a APBT.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 10-14-2009, 01:06 PM
Lab Love

Lol, the only bad names I've called dogs are dumb dumb, mutt, stupid, and fatty.

Not like they care.

Duke - 3yr old Labrador Retriever
Old 10-14-2009, 01:50 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
Dekka is sometimes 'bad dog' as in 'who's a bad dog?' and she gets uber wiggly. Kat is trouble 'where's my trouble' and she comes a runnin. I don't use any 'bad' names really. They might not know it, but I would. I wouldn't call any of my friends 'bad' names even if they didn't understand and think it was a compliment.
I think thats my reason for not calling them bad names. THEY don't know, but I do and it would just bother me.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:20 PM
Not a lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
Dekka is sometimes 'bad dog' as in 'who's a bad dog?' and she gets uber wiggly. Kat is trouble 'where's my trouble' and she comes a runnin. I don't use any 'bad' names really. They might not know it, but I would. I wouldn't call any of my friends 'bad' names even if they didn't understand and think it was a compliment.
I see your point there. Though my friends and I call each other some rude things and it's all because we love each other, nobody ever means it seriously.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:59 PM
Top Dog

About the worst thing Meg ever gets is MonkeyFace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka

I see your point there. Though my friends and I call each other some rude things and it's all because we love each other, nobody ever means it seriously.
I know a few people who use "mean" nicknames for their dogs, and even in fun, I think it just makes them sound ignorant and...detached, or something. Curse words or words with extremely hurtful meanings especially. It's not just about how the people who get what you mean perceive the name; it's also about the people who overhear and don't always know you are kidding.

Old 10-14-2009, 06:03 PM
Remembering Casey ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACampbell0304 View Post
Though my friends and I call each other some rude things and it's all because we love each other, nobody ever means it seriously.
Haha Yup.. Same here Acamp! Actually, My last wall post from one of my best friends Consists of " Hey you dirty little Hoebag. " All in good fun.. My friends (guys and girls) call me a sl*t, Wh*re, Fag, B*tch all the time. I know I m non of those things, and I dont care, I call them that too.. Its really no big deal. Honestly, Alot of words That people consider racist or whatever, have lost all meaning.

People, All over the world Call each other a certain "n" word. And Honestly, It means NOTHING to us..Alot of words seem to be loosing any sort of meaning these days.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:04 PM
Remembering Casey ♥

Oh and Keely is a little Sh*t. And she is reminded of that daily. :P
Old 10-15-2009, 08:47 AM
Proud Schnoodle Mama

I wouldn't say I've called Sadie or Stella "bad names"...more just funny nicknames....

Sadie, because she was around longer....had more of them:

Fatty McPoops
Fat Fanny Girl
Stinky
Stink-a-licious
McPoops

Stella....who we've only had a few months is often called:

Naughty
Wicked Little Monkey

More often...it's good names....all in the same happy tone.....

http://stellalind.wordpress.com/
Old 10-18-2009, 06:31 PM
Top Dog

I would never call my pet a racial or gay slur.

But I do call my biggest cat Princess Poofypants (I don't know where it came from ) and I regularly inform the other cat, Remy, that he has a big butt. (Or just "YOU HAVE A BUTT!") They love it!
Old 10-18-2009, 06:43 PM
Top Dog

Of course I don't call Ollie any bad names !! This is funny though , when ElinHunter ( daughter Amy ) was about 13 she called me a Varmint when angry . Well my Mother was visiting and read to her from a dictionary the description of a Varmint . Fast forward 40 plus years .... she calls me Varmy or refers to me as The Varm ....so do her close friends and my son in law .... what started as a slap in the face , has over time become dear to my heart !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/