Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-13-2009, 11:23 PM
Not a lurker

Both of mine have not-so-nice nicknames...
I say them in a happy voice, it helps my frustration and they don't seem to notice.

Jasper is usually fatass or fatf---- which I use when he's trying to gobble down food from the kids or Lacey.

Lacey just gets the "Who's a stupid doggy?! YOU ARE!!!" then wrestle and play around.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:36 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

lol yes... all the time

I call them stupid, dumb asses. Belle we call "the FAT ONE" and idiot is a popular one.

lol they don't care.

we have tested it

when laying around totaly unprovoked I will say to belle "aww poopa" which is our affectionate name for her. Tail wags like crazy. then I will say " THE FAT ONE" same reaction. then we will go all out "aww you big stupid dummy. you are such an idiot" of course all said in the same tone... and she goes WILD. tail wagging so hard her whole butt shakes lol.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 10-13-2009, 11:40 PM
Very Food Agressive

When Izzy was crate training she was "Whiny Bitch" which she technically was in a literal sense I guess. Never did the racists/homosexual slurs because they're not in my vocabulary, I don't think my roommates would appreciate it since they're both gay. Now that I think about it, everyone in my apartment is a minority so it would be incredibly bad taste.

Anyways, these days the worst she gets is stupid dog and idiot.

Practice what you preach or keep your mouth shut.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:44 PM
EVIL SHELTIES!!!!

the gay slur that starts with an F burns my eyes reading it. I would never say something like that. I dont think it gets much worse

i call mine
Dumb and Dumber
Lynn is a bitch
Ruckus is "the grump"
Old 10-14-2009, 12:04 AM
Top Dog

I do call my dog names when we play or have fun, but they're not really bad. Butthead, goofball, crazy. Most often I ask him "Why are you so ****ing cute?"

I never use homophobic slurs, ever, nor do I use racial or any other type of slurs. Not just regarding my dog, but I never use them, EVER.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:37 AM
Designed for Love

I don't call my dog anything but her name and loving names... like "my girl baby", "my sweet girl", "my lovely lillah", etc... I couldn't even imagine calling her "butthead" or "stupid" or "idiot"... not even in jest... but that's just me, I guess..

Old 10-14-2009, 12:46 AM
Taxiderpy

We call Charlie a lot of stuff.....when he's gassing up the house it's Charlie McFartmuffin. Or Charlie the Charter (chart= crapfart, you know..the messy kind) hairy sasquatch, etc.

Strider gets called llama face, yellow sleeve (he has a hard time aiming ), pee tree (see yellow sleeve), flat mutt, etc.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:02 AM
Will Work for Kibble

Capone is called Doofus on a semi-regular basis. Dumbass is reserved for when he does something especially silly... Usually when he misjudges his size and walks into doors and such.

I was just talking with a friend the other day about something related to this kind of thing. We were discussing motivation-type stuff, and the conversation got around to how we verbally motivate them. I told her it didn't matter. "Huh?" I explained that it didn't make a any difference what the hell I said, it was all in how I said it.... "Are you sure, 'cause Maddie know this word and that word..." I chuckled and asked her what the most horrible thing she could think of to say would be - what could make Capone run and hide in his crate?

She said something about telling him how bad he was, which had absolutely no adverse effect. Just to rib her, I asked Capone if he would like to have his tounge amputated..... in a sing-song voice. He responded like I told him it was time for a ride. I was informed that I'm 'horrible.' Eh, I dunno.... maybe. But my dog doesn't think so.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:18 AM
Navy Sister

I like to stand in front of my dogs and say, in a happy sing-song voice, "Who's a dumb dog? WHO'S a dumb dog?!?" Their tails go crazy, they love it so much
knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:34 AM
Remembering Casey ♥

haha, I call the dogs everything you can imagine.. ALways In a loving voicce though.. Plu skeely really IS a b****.. She guts huffy with the others and gets a b****y tone with them haha.