Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-13-2009, 12:14 AM
Felurian

Rock on, Titus.

And yah, they're different from any other Terrier.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-13-2009, 10:29 AM
We are Home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey08 View Post
They're not always kept like that, though, right? I thought I remembered that from the other thread -- that's what they look like when conditioned for a specific event.
This is how they show. They are also conditioned this way for weight pull. The more hunting spectrum tends to keep them a bit on the filled out side of the conditioned spectrum (at least the hunters Ive hunted with and talked to) so that they have the weight behind them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Rock on, Titus.

And yah, they're different from any other Terrier.
Yes they are. But terriers in general are rocking dogs.

Ive seen that video and as much as I love the story the guys needs to tone it down. I wont even show it to Connor because of some of the things he says. That is not the way to win people over that is only IMO going to cause more harm then good. He needs to present it a bit more factual and not emotional. I know thats hard but otherwise his telling people they should fall down cliffs is going to shy them away. I have the same sentiments but we should keep it to ourselves as hard as that is.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 10-13-2009, 10:44 AM
Felurian

I'm not so sure that having a few people out there who wear their emotions on their sleeves isn't a good thing. The other side is pummeling everyone with emotion and fear and rationalism and facts aren't making much of an impact. Maybe it's time to start pointing fingers back and calling these morons "UnAmerican" and "Hitler sympathizers." It's not the thinking, rational people who are voting for these fascist, cruel, genocidal laws; it's the mouth breathers and we need to have a better understanding of just who the enemy is and what they react to.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-14-2009, 10:37 AM
We are Home.

Im not denying that emotions need to be part of it but before they even get to hear the story telling them to fall down cliffs. The second they hear that they are going to close it. I know I would.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 10-14-2009, 04:36 PM
Felurian

No, they won't -- not most of them. They're going to keep listening, emotions building, and they're going to be seeing that baby and that dog and it's going to hit something visceral and subconscious and plant the seeds of doubt in their own irrational fears.

A few will tune it out, but you can't win a war with only one method of attack.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-14-2009, 07:43 PM
treehugging clicker freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
I was going to post this thread, but you beat me to it

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o