Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-07-2009, 09:34 AM
Fila Love

Default The messy monster

Anyone else have a dog that does this when it eats? Cleo drops food everywhere. Once she is finished, she will make her self comfortable between the left over morsels of food.

I have to sweep up large groups of food everyday. I thought she might have a bad tooth, but her teeth look fine. Brutus has always left a few morsels close to his bowl but nothing like this.

Old 10-07-2009, 09:49 AM
Silence! I ban you!

Xena will take her food from the bowl, bring it to the living room and drop it on the floor then proceed to eat it from the floor. She at least cleans up after herself
Old 10-07-2009, 09:50 AM
Top Dog

Lola never leaves anything behind for her to eat later. If she drops a piece on the floor she finishes what is in her bowl first and will then eat the piece she dropped. Today she moved the bowl so she could get behind it for a piece she dropped.

Can someone please kill this flea before it jumps on Lola
Old 10-07-2009, 09:53 AM
Top Dog

Ollie's a very neat eater and licks the bowl clean . Could be that I add water .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 10-07-2009, 10:12 AM
Top Dog

Aussie takes his first bite only into the den, drops it on the floor and then eats it. The rest he finnishes at his bowl in the kitchen.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:19 AM
Fila Love

Even If I add liquid to her food, I end up with a lot of chunks on the floor.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:24 AM
Silence! I ban you!

I will have to say that Cleo looks remarkably like Xena when she's sleeping. Except for the mastif head and the white paws, of course. Her brindle is so much like Xena and they have the same collar.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:24 AM
Felurian

LOL! Oh, she loved to whap her bowl and send the food all over the place, or even carry it to her blanket and dump it there when she was first staying with me. When I couldn't stomach giving her that crap food they sent with her anymore and started giving her the EVO RM she quit doing it. She'd grab a mouthful, look up, close her eyes while she chewed, then go back for the next one.

I sure miss that sweet, crazy little bitch and I am SO happy that you have her

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-07-2009, 10:26 AM
Top Dog

Misty does that at every single meal. Both dogs are fed at separate sides of the kitchen, but Abby refuses to eat while Misty is still eating and constantly cruises by her to grab some of the food she puts on the floor rather than eating her own. When Misty finishes her meal I tell her to "clean it up" and she eats all the food that she left on the floor, at which point Abby goes over to her dish and eats her own food
Old 10-07-2009, 11:01 AM
Fila Love

It just occured to me what she is doing. (I always add chunks of meat or soup that I cook for the dogs). She is picking out the pieces of turkey that I added to her food. All of it is gone, only dog food remains. This must be why she eats her dog food during the middle of the night, her bowl is always empty in the morning.