Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 08-26-2009, 04:17 PM
Show Dog

Default Wanted - Mini Dachshund: Choc/CREAM dapple longhair MALE

I know a lot of y'all aren't breeder or even dachshund people, but you all seem pretty connected, so I thought I'd post this here, too :-)

Looking for a show quality mini dachshund male!

Here's my wish-list:

Choc/cream dapple longhair
Must be from two longhair parents that have very nice coats - no broken coats!
Between 9 - 10.5 pounds
PRA clear as well as CERF and patella tested
Contract must guarantee against patella issues, blindness, and undescended testicles (if a puppy)

Prefer a puppy but will accept an adult - MUST have that unforgettable dachshund temperament and personality. You guys know what I mean... I don't want a puppy/dog that rolls over and pees or shys away or bites.

Shipping is not an issue but I need to see a lot of stacked pictures and a video would be great, too!

Even if you don't have one - if you know someone who does please let me know!

Time is not too much of an issue, as the girl I plan to breed him with is only 11 days old :-)

He will be used to produce SHOW quality puppies so, obviously, he MUST be show quality or have a darn good possibility!

[email protected]
Old 08-26-2009, 07:52 PM
Top Dog

You state you want a show prospect to produce show quality. Do you even show? I see no titles or show results whatsoever on what you own, I even looked at some pedigrees and see no CHs (including the mother of your current litter). It's great that you health test, but I don't know one breeder in the show community who would sell a show potential puppy to you based on that alone.

Please explain?
Old 08-26-2009, 08:27 PM
Lab Love

I was wondering as well, Mom2Dogs. I mean, health testing it great but what makes your doxies breed worthy if they aren't proving themselves in show or work venues.

Duke - 3yr old Labrador Retriever
Old 08-26-2009, 08:27 PM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2dogs View Post
You state you want a show prospect to produce show quality. Do you even show? I see no titles or show results whatsoever on what you own, I even looked at some pedigrees and see no CHs (including the mother of your current litter). It's great that you health test, but I don't know one breeder in the show community who would sell a show potential puppy to you based on that alone.

Please explain?
It's my aspiration :-) Just because my dogs are not full of champions does not mean that they don't have the ability to become one or produce one :-) I've worked very hard at building a quality dog (Ally, my 11 day old puppy, is my 3rd generation!)!
Old 08-26-2009, 08:29 PM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhucca View Post
I was wondering as well, Mom2Dogs. I mean, health testing it great but what makes your doxies breed worthy if they aren't proving themselves in show or work venues.
I've been studying the standard for 10 years and am familiar with the the standard.

Thank you so much for watching out for me and my dogs! It's always nice to have another educated opinion!
Old 08-26-2009, 08:30 PM
Twin 2.0

I would suggest finding a show breeder to work/mentor with then, because I really can't think of a single serious breeder that would hand over a show potential to someone who has no experience in the show world. Just because I say my dog matches up to the standard and produces nice looking dogs doesn't mean that's actually what is happening.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:31 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhucca View Post
Exactly.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:31 PM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
I would suggest finding a show breeder to work/mentor with then, because I really can't think of a single serious breeder that would hand over a show potential to someone who has no experience in the show world. Just because I say my dog matches up to the standard and produces nice looking dogs doesn't mean that's actually what is happening.
Check!
Old 08-26-2009, 08:32 PM
Twin 2.0

Sorry, let me amend that. Plenty of breeders will hand over pups, but not with breeding rights.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:33 PM
Show Dog

If anyone has any dachshund breeder in mind could you please refer me to them? I can go from there with them and they can judge whether my dogs are "worthy" of their dogs or not :-)