Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-03-2009, 06:49 PM
Yorkie Love

Well I guess he did have a problem, the vet called back and said he will not do the test I asked for, which is just another urine test but looking for a specific protein in the urine... he says it is not necessary, so he wont do it... Kind of makes me change my opinion of him but I dont really know what to do or where to go from here.

I mean if I am paying for it I dont see the harm in just doing it for me... its only a matter of sending the urine out for me, its not some major procedure.

Its soo frustrating because I really feel like something is wrong with her and the vet refuses to take it seriously, UGH!
Old 10-03-2009, 06:54 PM
Top Dog

If a vet were refusing to run a noninvasive test, I'd probably go to another vet for a different opinion. I can see not doing something invasive if a vet feels there's nothing wrong, but refusing to send out a urine sample seems ridiculous.

At the very least, I'd feel uncomfortable enough with my vet after something like that that I'd probably switch anyway.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Big Dog

Ok, I work at a vet clinic and I gotta say that we even send things off for a 2nd opinion. If we feel iffy about a test result, we will send it off somewhere else. If the lab got upset with us for doing that...just plain rediculous.

If your vet gets upset that you wanted a 2nd or even a 3rd opinion...go someplace else. It would be very unprofessional for them to be mad at you. Remember, you are the client and they should give you 100% respect (unless you don't deserve it LOL).

I believe wholeheartedly that you should have a great relationship with your vet and if they get upset about something like that then there must be something wrong there.

Thats just my 0.02 about it.

"Unnatural diets predispose animals to unnatural outcomes"
Dr. Tom Lonsdale

http://www.dogfoodchat.com/forum/

ProperCarnivoreNutrition
Old 10-03-2009, 09:01 PM
Top Dog

I have to agree. If he's refusing to run a non invasive test that you are perfectly willing to pay for, I'd look for a new vet. You know your pets better than he does.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:26 PM
Yorkie Love

well I am glad other people agree with me... sometimes I wonder if I am just neurotic.

I totally understand a vet not wanting to do something invasive but this is sending out a urine sample, thats as non invasive as you can get, the dog is gonna pee anyway.

There WAS protein in her urine, everyone agrees on that... I want it sent out to have a lab analyze the protein, he put her on clavamox for 30 days and wants to wait and see.