Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-17-2009, 08:19 AM
Salty Sea Dog

elegy, i completly agree.
for example, in my county alone there are over 10 "shelters" and more AC/pounds.
of those 10, only 2 have the universal scanners (which i think it should be mandetory for them all to have universal scanners) of the 2 with universal scanners, 1 shelter scans every dog....(though doesnt nessicarily contact the breeder on the chip because they belive breeders are "evil" and shouldnt get their dog back) and the other shelter only scans dogs THEY pick up, if ac or a vet calls for a pick up, they dont scan because the ac or vet was "supposed to"
of the other 8 who dont have universal scanners, only 2 regualrly scan dogs comming into the shelter.

and out of all 10 shelters only 1 will have the vet do a secondary scan with a universal scanner of the entire body if their scanner doesnt pick anything up.

of the pounds and AC units "were too busy to scan every dog that comes in" has been a statement of fact from many AC units and admin staff at the pounds in this area.

personally i think SCANNING shoudl be mandetory...chipping however im not sure about, it just seems like one more step to mandetory breed registration, mandetory spay/neuter ect...

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets

Old 10-17-2009, 11:11 AM
Active Pup

Yes, both of my dogs are microchipped. Just one more precaution to take. I would be devastated to lose my dogs.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:30 AM
Angels in waiting....

None of my dogs are chipped. Why? Because no one around here even has a scanner let alone would they check if they did As far as I'm concerned. I've thought about getting them tattooed though...how's that work?

Thanks K9Krazee!

Click Please>