Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 10-02-2009, 03:07 PM
Top Dog

his parents shouldn't be bred if that's what they're producing

and maybe i'm not seeing in the pics what people are talking about on the nose? which pic? almost every gsd has a color variation on their muzzle, especially going down the center of the nose.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:11 PM
Not a lurker

http://i37.tinypic.com/30tgvow.jpg

I think it's that picture that they are thinking of, because of the lighter stripe down the nose. But I'm not sure, that's not something that popped out at me.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:31 PM
Squishy22

You can see it in all the pics. Whether its light brown or white, I have no idea. Whether its common in this breed, I have no idea. Just something I noticed, that I've never seen in a GSD before. Maybe its just my eyes, I dunno.

I brightened this pic up in LIGHTROOM to show it a little better. The pic below...

Old 10-02-2009, 03:34 PM
Top Dog

His parents, if those are his parents, are purebred.

My first impression is the really young picture looks purebred, the older ones don't. If that's the same dog I don't know what to say. I've seen markings change as dogs age but I've never seen a puppy with a full blanket change to a puppy with no blanket to speak of in what... weeks? Is it because his guard hairs are all missing/shaved out?

You're from Pakistan, right? Don't you have a registry there that keeps track of purebred dogs?

It comes down to this:
If there is no registry that has kept track of his lineage, you'll never really know if he is purebred. When he grows up, it'll be easier to tell. Right now all we can say is that his parents look absolutely pure and he looks like a mutt.

Maybe by some freak accident his mother was bred by the purebred dog and by a mutt as well? I know in some animals that can lead to different sires for different offspring in the same litter.

If those are his parents, well, then he is a purebred, and most of us are wrong, end of story.

Can you prove those are his parents?
Old 10-02-2009, 03:38 PM
Squishy22

I honestly think something is fishy here.

I do agree that if those ARE his parents, then he IS pure bred. No disputing that!
Old 10-02-2009, 03:43 PM
Taxiderpy

This puppy is a sable is he not? That's what I thought when I first saw him. It would also explain the drastic changes in markings, if he hasn't been shaved.

If he is genetically a sable, then those are not his parents. It is impossible. At the very LEAST, that is not his father. Two black and tans can not produce a sable, sable is dominant.

Either the breeder outright lied to you and that is not even his mother and father, or his mother got pregnant by a mix and the breeder didn't know, or did know and decided to sell them as purebred anyway.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:49 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
Either the breeder outright lied to you and that is not even his mother and father, or his mother got pregnant by a mix and the breeder didn't know, or did know and decided to sell them as purebred anyway.
Yessum that's my thinking as well.

Good point about the genetics I forgot about that.

Here, in the baby puppy pic, though:

He looks like a black and tan, not a sable.

Agree or disagree?
Old 10-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Not a lurker

It doesn't look like the same dog in both pics at all, the puppy has black and tan face with specific markings, the older pup doesn't.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:54 PM
Puppy Dog

If you look at the whole face of both of them you will notice they are same
Old 10-02-2009, 03:59 PM
swimming upstream

Ikram--I am curious as to why you want to know if he is purebred? Does it matter? What are your plans for this dog?