Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-01-2009, 06:10 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppydog View Post
That dog is under a year. You can tell by the way it moves and how it interacts.
6 Months is fine then for neutering which I am sure he is at least that. Also telling a dog's age by how it moves and interacts does not tell the dogs age.

I have seen Lola move around and interact with other dogs the same way and she is 2 years old. She was spayed when she was one year old only because that is when I adopted her and the previous owner did not have it done by then.A lot of people think she is still a puppy when they first see her.

As you can clearly see the testicles are descended 57 seconds into the video.

Neutering or Spaying a Chihuahua

Can someone please kill this flea before it jumps on Lola
Old 10-01-2009, 08:03 AM
Top Dog

I think that GSD is a little older- certainly not a puppy. Females don't get that silvering on their backs until they are older. The Chi looks like an older pup to me. Funny that the GSD was so quiet. When Daisy and Gunnar play, Gunnar is the noisy one. Bruzer is noisy when he plays too, but Gunnar doesn't get real loud with him. Bruzer does the same kind of thing, jumping on him and trying to get him to play, and Gunnar will roll over like that GSD and let Bruzer roll around with him. Gunnar and Daisy are much more physical, running at each other and banging like football players.

As far as the one bite thing goes- you might hate to hear it but it's the truth. One paw as well. I know many times Gunnar could have dispatched Buzz, the JRT we were trying to work into our house, but he'd hold him down with his mouth around his back and never clamp down. He's never done that with Bruzer but he has put Bruzer on his back when he's had enough and Bruzer won't stop.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:47 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolas Dad View Post
6 Months is fine then for neutering which I am sure he is at least that. Also telling a dog's age by how it moves and interacts does not tell the dogs age.

I have seen Lola move around and interact with other dogs the same way and she is 2 years old. She was spayed when she was one year old only because that is when I adopted her and the previous owner did not have it done by then.A lot of people think she is still a puppy when they first see her.

As you can clearly see the testicles are descended 57 seconds into the video.

Neutering or Spaying a Chihuahua

Well, that is your opinion.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 10-01-2009, 09:00 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppydog View Post
That dog is under a year. You can tell by the way it moves and how it interacts.

That is not an accurate way of telling a dogs age. I have a dog that used to come up north with me every week-end and the majority of the people there would always comment on my "old dog". Little did they know that he was only 2 1/2 years old.

So that whole concept on "how a dog moves" may work sometimes (by fluke most likely) but it is not an accurate way of determining age.

If you want a more accurate way of telling a dogs age...look at the teeth.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
That is not an accurate way of telling a dogs age. I have a dog that used to come up north with me every week-end and the majority of the people there would always comment on my "old dog". Little did they know that he was only 2 1/2 years old.

So that whole concept on "how a dog moves" may work sometimes (by fluke most likely) but it is not an accurate way of determining age.

If you want a more accurate way of telling a dogs age...look at the teeth.
That depends on how experienced you are with dogs. I am not going to argue, I have many many years of experience behind me. I was a trainer for quite a few years and have spent a lot of time observing dogs. You can choose to believe me or not. I just don't feel like arguing it.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:12 AM
Top Dog

I am not arguing with anybody. This is a public forum where people have conversations about dogs. I am just sharing my experience with inaccurate opinions about a dogs age.

Take it however you want.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:16 AM
Felurian

There are always going to be dogs that skew the odds on any method of guessing age. Even the vet was dumbfounded, after watching Bimmer and looking at his teeth and examining him, when I told him he was 10 years old, going on 11. He thought he was 4 at the most. If he'd seen Bimmer playing with Tallulah the vet would probably have thought he was 2, lol!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-01-2009, 09:26 AM
Top Dog

[QUOTE=Lolas Dad;1471560]6 Months is fine then for neutering which I am sure he is at least that. Also telling a dog's age by how it moves and interacts does not tell the dogs age.

Agree! Ooh boy
Old 10-01-2009, 09:28 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
There are always going to be dogs that skew the odds on any method of guessing age. Even the vet was dumbfounded, after watching Bimmer and looking at his teeth and examining him, when I told him he was 10 years old, going on 11. He thought he was 4 at the most. If he'd seen Bimmer playing with Tallulah the vet would probably have thought he was 2, lol!
Now that must be one happy and healthy dog
Old 10-01-2009, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That sounds a lot like my parents BC. The only people able to tell her age are us (obviously) and one other trainer. That was only because he could tell by the way she was running. She ever so slightly favours her one shoulder. I love seeing older dogs kept in top condition!