need advice super bad!

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
Ruckus is ate up in fleas. he has chewed fur off of his legs and seems miserable. his skin is red and blotchy! I am at a loss of what to do. Even the vets will tell you that frontline and advantix/advantage does not work in the area. They are pushing a product called comfortis. Lynn is on it, and almost all of my clients are on it. I have never heard of anyone having an issue with it....

but of course Ruckus. We *think* that it gave Ruckus full blown colitis but we are not really sure of it. Vomiting and diarrhea are the most common side effects with comfortis. It seems like after 3 days of giving the pill Ruckus would have vomiting and diarrhea. But the reason we are not sure about this is that the effects usually occur within one hour of treatment, and back then it was very common for Ruckus to get belly issues. He would pretty regularly vomit and have bouts of diarrhea. (switched his food, he is doing better now)

I am thinking about getting him Comforits again now that his belly is fine, and hasnt had any issues in a couple of months.

its either try comfortis again, or let the fleas eat him. I have tryed all of the natural stuff I have seen posted, even chemical things to treat the house and yard.

what do you think? try comfortis again? I dont know what my other options are

I have 3 and 1/2 hours to decide before the vet closes

Lolas Dad

I use Frontline Plus here and had no issues and we live across the street from a beach that we constantly go to. There are a lot of sand fleas there and have not had a problem with Lola having any fleas. In addition we have a few feral cats around that I know have fleas so they are out in the yard also.

Have you even tried Frontline Plus or are you just assuming it won't work from what you heard from others.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I would try the Comfortis if it's the only thing that works in your area.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I would go with confortis,

frontline has never worked for us either, k9 advantix did tho but in your case, use what works

Romy

Taxiderpy
Can you maybe give him a half dose to start with, and if he handles that all right after an hour or so give him the second half?

Brattina88

I had to switch to revolution because frontline was not working for the crew.
I've never used Comforits, so I don't know there. I've used Natures Guardian in the past, it worked, but while I didn't have any problems with it, there are mixed reviews if you search online. I think cats especially reacted badly to it.
Have you tried breyers yeast, or garlic? I hate fleas!

good luck! vibes coming your way. Poor Ruckus

Grab

I would go with confortis,

frontline has never worked for us either, k9 advantix did tho but in your case, use what works

Advantix is very toxic to cats. I think it's recommended that you not use it on dogs who share the house with cats.

In regards to flea control, I'd probably use the Comfortis, if that's what the vets have found to be working in your area.

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
capstar just kills what is on him. it has no residual effect. he will just pick the fleas right back up from the environment.

natures guardian does not work what so ever. I have been used in a few times and it doesnt faze the fleas at all

thanks guys for the advice. I gave him his comfortis a few hours ago. I will let you know if it makes him sick.

Members online