Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 09-22-2004, 06:39 AM
Active Pup

Angry ahh! help!

Hey everyone!
Sorry I haven't posted in a while! I'm so tired! This schedule is zapping me of any energy I have.

Anyways,
I need some help. I've housetrained dogs before and I am close to it with Hazel, but for some reason in the morning when I let her out to go to the bathroom it takes her like 10-30 minutes before she'll go #2. She doesn't pee in the house. I try to get her to go #2 before I leave because otherwise she will poop in the house. She just stands on the concrete and stares at me defiantly. I don't really understand. I don't have a lot of time in the morning. I have to leave for work at 3 am and I get up at 2:20 to 2:30 just to give her time to go. I've never had this much trouble before. How hard is it really? It isn't supposed to be this annoying. Grr...

I am probably going to get a crate Friday if I can't get this taken care of.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thea
Old 09-22-2004, 08:47 AM
Felurian

Give her about 5-15 minutes of hard play before you take her out. Sometimes it just takes some stimulation for a pup to have to go. She'll also be worn out some and will nap better while you're gone - that much less time to get into mischief!

Now, I'll give you three guesses as to how I know this! ROFL
Old 09-23-2004, 05:08 AM
Active Pup

I agree with Renee,if we have a good play with Murphy(13 weeks) and then let him out he goes quite quickly.Mind you to be honest he has not had a single poo inside since we have had him.

Good Luck