Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 09-17-2009, 02:38 PM
Not a lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gguevara View Post
Actually schutzhund is something I would be interested in, if not it would be something else like agility.

Anyway if anybody knows a good breeder in eastern Ontario with either German lines please tell me about them =D
If you want to do Schutzhund, get a working line dog...while a showline might be able to do it, you're much more likely to get a good prospect from working lines that breed for working ability. Those dogs are bred to have the correct drives, which you may or may not find in a show-line dog.

You might want to look on the Pedigree Database website.

The pedigree tool for professionals - click on German Shepherd Dog...you can look at the classifieds and through the threads on the right hand side.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:30 PM
Big Dog

Nice, thanks for that.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:58 PM
Remembering Casey ♥

Juts like to clear up that kacee isnt Technically My dog. Even though I walk her everyday, feed her and speand alot of my time with her. I just like to refer to her as my dog. Her owners are neglectful. If she were MY dog, she would definatly NOT be an outdoor dog good luck either way!
Old 09-17-2009, 08:07 PM
Big Dog

So that's why she's jumping fences, ahah.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:16 PM
Big Dog

GUARDIAN ANGEL SHEPHERDS - GERMAN SHEPHERD K9 PARTNERS FOR LIFE! Just found this breeder and I'm liking the looks of it so far, tell me what you guys think.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:42 PM
Top Dog

Please, no. The last one was better.

I've never seen a website that talked about "old fashioned" German shepherds that I liked the look of.

The spiel about "not bred for aggression" like the RCMP dogs. WTF. RCMP dogs are honest GERMAN SHEPHERDS, silly woman. "Aggression," how general and ignorant sounding. Dog is a fear biter, that is aggression. Dog bites the **** out of a guy that is trying to rape you, that is also aggression. A GSD that isn't selectively "aggressive" isn't a GSD.

What is she doing comparing them to RCMP dogs? If that ain't marketing to people who don't know **** about dogs I don't know what is.

Their dogs do not have German Shepherd bodies. I mean the showlines at the previous kennel you mentioned, at least were bred to a standard of some sort. GSD's are SUPPOSED to have some angulation.

110 lbs? And they are breeding this dog why? Because he's old fashioned and has no angulation? What, could they find no other stud, even with AI?
FTR, GSD's aren't meant to be 110 lbs. I will post some pics of mine for you. He is too big for the standard but nowhere near 110 lbs. But hey wait a minute, this breeder ignores the standard altogether!

Random longcoat dog. Not hip tested and bred because he's 11 and she needs the bloodline?

Speaking of hip testing. Where are the X rays? OFA ratings?

Where are titles? Anything? She went to the trouble and expense of importing a dog and didn't buy one with titles?

Her dogs are not angels. They are dogs and bitches. Just like everyone else's.

Alright. So no. Please, no.

In my next post I will find you some nice looking breeders.

Oh, and that my friend is what we call a BYB.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:02 AM
Big Dog

Good thing I joined this forum.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:03 AM
Big Dog

I swear I would have picked up on it if I talked to her !
Old 09-18-2009, 12:52 AM
Big Dog

How about these guys Jinopo.CZ Czech, Slovak, DDR, East German K9 working dogs
Old 09-18-2009, 01:20 AM
Very Food Agressive

Well, they don't do what we'd call normal health testing... And they have three litters on the ground which is a bit much for one GOOD facility at any given time. I see no OFA but if their foreign language deal is the equivalent in Czech or whatever, maybe they're not at weird as they seem. I'm not really a fan of any kennel breeding for "dark pigmentation".

Practice what you preach or keep your mouth shut.