Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 09-10-2009, 10:18 AM
Laurelin's Avatar
Laurelin Laurelin is offline
I'm All Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 29,963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_jude View Post
I know I love those little puppy quirks! I'm all sad that it will probably fill in one of these days Thanks Laurelin! Hopefully one when when we're near you we can stop by for a visit. He loves other dogs so far- he's very social- as much as I will let him be at 8 weeks at least.
Yes you must come my way, I want to meet him! (and cuddle him, lol) Summer probably wouldn't be too thrilled with him (she's a grump) but Mia would like him I think.
__________________
Mia CGC - (5 year old Papillon)
Hank - (approx. 10 month old Spotty Dog)
Summer TG3 TIAD - (10 year old Papillon)
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-10-2009, 10:40 AM
Squishy22
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

What breed is he? Very cute guy.

I love your photography. How do you make the background blurry like that?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-10-2009, 10:43 AM
bubbatd's Avatar
bubbatd bubbatd is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 64,812
Default

Adorable !!! Love that face !
__________________
A light for all who are crossing dark times.


http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-10-2009, 11:43 AM
AllieMackie's Avatar
AllieMackie AllieMackie is offline
Wookie Collie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 6,592
Default

OMG another adorable tri boy!!! Tris are easily my faves... natch. :P He is absolutely precious. And a white-factored boy, too! I know you're on the BC Boards too, check out elementbcs' older threads of her Moss as a puppy - he's about the same age as Finn and your Jude looks so much like him! Moss is growing up real handsome and I just know your boy's going to be a stunner, too!

Congrats on Jude, you're going to love him. Have you had a border collie before? He's gonna keep you on your toes!
__________________


Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-10-2009, 11:55 AM
hey_jude's Avatar
hey_jude hey_jude is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,020
Default

Thanks everyone! I am so happy to have him home- thank you so much for being excited with me.

Hey Allie- I haven't! It's been long and coming and I always knew it would be my first dog as an adult. When it was time to officially find a breeder, I did question myself and do more research again- going to Border Collie meet ups in my town and talking to people, finding border collie owners out at parks and asking questions, and of course joining here and reading everything. I wanted to make sure I could handle a BC. I'm very happy I chose to and I want to make it my lifestyle- dog sports and high energy days. I'm pretty active in general so that helps. It's funny- it seems when you get a BC you HAVE to make it your lifestyle. I'm going to go look at Moss pictures! It's so fun to guess what they're going to look like when they get older. I'm a bit bias but I do think he'll be handsome I hope so! Finnegan is just gorgeous himself.

Laurelin- I will let you know! Hopefully we will be in that area in a few weeks or so.

Reggin- He's a border collie. Thanks! To make the background blurry, I use a high quality lens that opens up to a wide aperture- mine is an 85 1.2 - and then I shoot at a wide aperture- I think I used 1.6 or so on these. It helps me in low light and also gives pretty blur. I don't do any of it in photoshop. hope that helps!
__________________

Erin Bell
Milford, Ct

mom of Jude Nathaniel, Jonah Samuel, and puppy in the sky- Francis Gabriel
expecting baby girl from Ethiopia in 2015!
my site
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-10-2009, 11:59 AM
AllieMackie's Avatar
AllieMackie AllieMackie is offline
Wookie Collie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 6,592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_jude View Post
Hey Allie- I haven't! It's been long and coming and I always knew it would be my first dog as an adult. When it was time to officially find a breeder, I did question myself and do more research again- going to Border Collie meet ups in my town and talking to people, finding border collie owners out at parks and asking questions, and of course joining here and reading everything. I wanted to make sure I could handle a BC. I'm very happy I chose to and I want to make it my lifestyle- dog sports and high energy days. I'm pretty active in general so that helps. It's funny- it seems when you get a BC you HAVE to make it your lifestyle. I'm going to go look at Moss pictures! It's so fun to guess what they're going to look like when they get older. I'm a bit bias but I do think he'll be handsome I hope so! Finnegan is just gorgeous himself.
That's good to hear! Owning a BC definitely makes dog activities one of your primary hobbies. I've had to make some major lifestyle changes, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm having a blast!
__________________


Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-10-2009, 12:20 PM
Laurelin's Avatar
Laurelin Laurelin is offline
I'm All Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 29,963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_jude View Post
Laurelin- I will let you know! Hopefully we will be in that area in a few weeks or so.
There's a stockdog trial here in 2 weeks. Hopefully I'll be meeting up with Stella and LittleBoBoop. I haven't actually met up with anyone from the bc boards yet. should be interesting. The only person I've met from online is MisssAshby from chaz.
__________________
Mia CGC - (5 year old Papillon)
Hank - (approx. 10 month old Spotty Dog)
Summer TG3 TIAD - (10 year old Papillon)
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-10-2009, 12:42 PM
hey_jude's Avatar
hey_jude hey_jude is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,020
Default

What weekend is it? I would LOVE to come but I'm thinking it's the weekend my family is coming down to Austin to visit...

Allie- I can't wait until we can do sports together! Thanks for your encouragement. It's so fun already.
__________________

Erin Bell
Milford, Ct

mom of Jude Nathaniel, Jonah Samuel, and puppy in the sky- Francis Gabriel
expecting baby girl from Ethiopia in 2015!
my site
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Zoom's Avatar
Zoom Zoom is offline
Twin 2.0
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 40,737
Default

Awww, another tri boy that's full of awesomesauce!!

I'm going to have to get a tri Aussie just to throw everything off.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-10-2009, 01:07 PM
Laurelin's Avatar
Laurelin Laurelin is offline
I'm All Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 29,963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_jude View Post
What weekend is it? I would LOVE to come but I'm thinking it's the weekend my family is coming down to Austin to visit...

Allie- I can't wait until we can do sports together! Thanks for your encouragement. It's so fun already.
I think it's the 26th? Assuming it's not canceled for lack of entries. *crosses fingers*
__________________
Mia CGC - (5 year old Papillon)
Hank - (approx. 10 month old Spotty Dog)
Summer TG3 TIAD - (10 year old Papillon)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site