Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-23-2009, 11:37 PM
Top Dog

The trucker non-profit group knocked the date back a week, so the new plan is for her to head out around the 26th. We're all awaiting further developments, you might say!
Old 09-26-2009, 03:42 PM
Felurian

So, is Shadow en route yet?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-26-2009, 04:24 PM
Not a lurker

Hopefully I can pick her up on Tuesday, though I've yet to hear from Op. Roger if she's coming this week.

Let's all pray that Tuesday is do-able, because I have a babysitter and a private flight to pick her up instead of driving 5 hours one way. We'll also be dropping off the old Pekinese in Aurora on our way back down, and it's still much shorter flight than driving...we'll be back in like 3.5 hours vs 10 hours.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:32 PM
Top Dog

Well, no call from the rescue/transport group yet--I guess she's here for a bit longer.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:05 PM
Not a lurker

I didn't get a call either, but to be honest, next week is much more flexible for me anyway...hubby starts leave on the 5th so he'll be home and I don't have to use the resources of a friend to babysit for the trip...

The old pekinese's owner and I talked on the phone last night. The Peke came from Spokane as well other than needing drops for her eyes she's in good health so that makes it much more feasible for flight...I was concerned that it may be un-advisable to do so due to the elevations we'll have to fly at in a non-pressurized cabin but my pilot assures me that they'll be fine and it should be peaceful for them.
Luckily both animals get to fly in cabin with us and not in cargo...lucky them, a private chartered flight
Old 09-29-2009, 05:49 PM
Top Dog

Shadow is ON HER WAY!!! She'll be going to Seattle, then to Denver. They said they would probably arrive in Denver on Thursday morning. The truckers were great, they have two cats of their own who travel with them.

I've got to admit, though, I choked up as I drove away. I love that little munchkin.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:47 PM
swimming upstream

Happy travels Shadow!
Old 09-29-2009, 08:58 PM
Not a lurker

Haha glad she's on her way...wish they'd called and told me they were going to be here Thursday morning...that might pose a small issue with getting my oldest to school and whatnot.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:09 PM
Top Dog

I was wondering if they'd contacted you or not, ACampbell. I hope the timing conflict isn't too severe! *fingers crossed*
Old 09-30-2009, 12:45 AM
Top Dog

Anytime you need transport see my thread about Pilots for Paws in the rescue group of this board.

Can someone please kill this flea before it jumps on Lola