Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 09-06-2009, 04:58 PM
Not a lurker

I think it's a great idea if we can arrange transport! Lacey is really curious about cats, but was in the yard with a stray the other night and barked at him, but went up and nosed him a bit and he wandered away, with a confused GSD standing there like "ok, now explain me what this thing is?!"
What's better is we were going to see if we could find an already de-clawed cat (I wouldn't have it done to a cat, but if I found one at a shelter that already was, that would have been a big plus) as I'm not a fan of scratched up furniture, most of mine is either antique or very new (yes I'm eclectic) and it being damaged wouldn't suit me much. I'm already past puppy chewing the crap out of stuff and I'm glad, lol.

DrMom and Fran both said Jasper is good with kitties, so that's a plus as well. As for Lily, I contacted the folks that want her, they had a delay in moving and are moving in this upcoming Friday and are definitely still interested. I'm happy, they seem like a very nice couple. We're not in a hurry to get a cat, so it's flexible when we can work it out if you'd like.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Top Dog

She is beautiful. I'm so glad it sounds like things might work out very well. Good luck.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 09-06-2009, 06:20 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

LOL Acamp is collecting Chaz animals.

Hope she fits in!
Old 09-06-2009, 06:24 PM
Bloody but Unbowed

ACqamp, I have a couple of spare children, can I send you those? They are good with both dogs and cats, but have expensive grooming and sports needs.

Thanks Baxter'smybaby. You're the Best.
Bless All the Abandoned Animals, Left to Die Alone, Abandoned, Frightened, and Confused
Old 09-06-2009, 11:33 PM
Not a lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MericoX View Post
LOL Acamp is collecting Chaz animals.

Hope she fits in!
I know, what timing that I've finally given in to the idea of a cat and she's very much what we were looking for.

Dr...how old are the kids? I have 3, remember, I like kids, lol!
Old 09-07-2009, 10:14 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACampbell0304 View Post
What's better is we were going to see if we could find an already de-clawed cat (I wouldn't have it done to a cat, but if I found one at a shelter that already was, that would have been a big plus) as I'm not a fan of scratched up furniture, most of mine is either antique or very new (yes I'm eclectic) and it being damaged wouldn't suit me much. I'm already past puppy chewing the crap out of stuff and I'm glad, lol.

Wow, it is fate!

As far as transport goes, I can drive her down the whole way if push comes to shove (not that I would object to a relay if there are other chazzers in the area.)

As far as timing goes, perhaps after Lily is in her new home but before the snow flies? (My tiny car is intimidated by snow, ha ha.) My college doesn't start until September 21st, so I could drive down then . . . otherwise I could start on a weekend and just take a day or two off from class.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:44 AM
Bloody but Unbowed

Upon reflection, I will keep the kids. I have a lot of training invested already, and they consume about $700 of fencing lessons a month these days, I don't think I can stick an unsuspecting new owner with that. Bad things happen if they do not fence.

On the other hand, about every other year the junior Olympics are in Colo. Spgs., so there would be travel cost savings. Of course, this year they are in Memphis.

Thanks Baxter'smybaby. You're the Best.
Bless All the Abandoned Animals, Left to Die Alone, Abandoned, Frightened, and Confused
Old 09-07-2009, 12:14 PM
Twin 2.0

I'll see you next year then, DrMom!

Boemy, I hope things work out between you and ACamp--she is collecting Chaz animals, lol! Hooray for both of you!
Old 09-07-2009, 12:25 PM
Not a lurker

Dr...The Olympic Center is only about 2 miles from my house lol!

I think they are going to pick Lily up this upcoming weekend, so when I know what's going on then we can surely work something out. I am willing to drive part way, but it also needs to be before snow falls...my mustang is really sh!tty on snow and slides a lot, and my truck sucks too much gas to drive a long ways.

Nothing wrong with working up a transport early though...sticky please? We could shoot for early October, before it gets majorly nasty out.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:07 PM
Top Dog

Ah snow, the ruler of our lives.

October sounds good. Do you know what you're going to want to feed her? If so, I can start buying it and gradually mixing it into her food so she gets used to it. Right now she's on Kirklands Cat Food. It's great but, as someone mentioned in your thread, a single bag will last forever and a day for one 8 lb cat.

I can start getting her used to a different kitty litter too if you'd like. Right now I use Arm & Hammer, which is scoopable and great for neutralizing odor (but not flushable.) I've used pine litter before, it is pretty good at odor neutralization (not quite as good as A&H.)