Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Photography

Old 09-19-2009, 04:28 PM
Top Dog

I was an idiot and bought myself a D80. I have no idea how to use it. I use the action setting. It takes pictures. End of story lol

I think learning how to get the most out of a camera is probably just as or more important than the camera itself.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandra View Post
I was an idiot and bought myself a D80. I have no idea how to use it. I use the action setting. It takes pictures. End of story lol

I think learning how to get the most out of a camera is probably just as or more important than the camera itself.
It doesnt make you an idiot. Learning how to use the equipment is half the fun. The great thing about digital is that you dont have to pay and wait to develop 24 exposures of crap. You instantly know what you are doing wrong or doing right. Get out of the comfort zone and read the manual and experiment with the settings. You will get suprising results. If you are like me starting out, most of the experimental shots will be junk but if you get one or two "wow!" shots out of 50 you will be doing good. I usually use auto modes for a few shots of a subject to make sure that I dont end up in photoshop saying "why didnt I get one in program mode?". Most of the "wow!" shots are not in program.

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
Ayn Rand

There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: the fashionable non-conformist.
Ayn Rand