Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Photography

Old 09-19-2009, 01:03 PM
Water Junkie

Yes, I saw them. Perfect shots.

Yeah, I'm looking for a more versital lens. My 18-55 3-5.6 lens is great for indoor shots, but the with the range of f/stop it's hard to get a good indoor shot without using flash.

The Tamron looks better and better, and you can't beat that price.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 09-19-2009, 01:07 PM
Soon to Be 4 Pups!!

What's your opinion on this one?? Think it would be good for Taking Picture's of the dog's?? I have a big lens but it's not auto focus Would this one be better?

Tamron Model 672D AF75-300MM F/4-5.6 Zoom Lens for Nikon in Camera Lenses and Lens Adapters at JR.com
Old 09-19-2009, 01:16 PM
Squishy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizmo View Post
What do you mean by 'faster'? If you want faster, a better lens would take care of that. . .I'm sort of confused as to what you mean.

Anyway, I've got a Nikon D40X and it's perfect. I shoot Softball, Baseball, Children, Portriats, Playing/Pets, etc and have had no problems that couldn't be fixed with a different lens.
Sorry, I missed this reply.

When I push the shutter button with the D40 it doesnt snap the shot right away. It takes a long time to focus is the problem.

I dont have any lenses other than the one that it came with and compared to the canon I have, the D40 is slow.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:35 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizmo View Post
Yes, I saw them. Perfect shots.

Yeah, I'm looking for a more versital lens. My 18-55 3-5.6 lens is great for indoor shots, but the with the range of f/stop it's hard to get a good indoor shot without using flash.

The Tamron looks better and better, and you can't beat that price.
I think part of my problem is my house was so dark. At my apartment the lighting is better so my Nikkor does decently. I probably use my 200 mm Nikkor the most though. It's very good for outside pics.

Tamron is my favorite though. The pics also look a lot softer with it.

Quote:
Sorry, I missed this reply.

When I push the shutter button with the D40 it doesnt snap the shot right away. It takes a long time to focus is the problem.

I dont have any lenses other than the one that it came with and compared to the canon I have, the D40 is slow.
That'd probably be the lens. My kit lens can be very slow at times.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:46 PM
Squishy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
I think part of my problem is my house was so dark. At my apartment the lighting is better so my Nikkor does decently. I probably use my 200 mm Nikkor the most though. It's very good for outside pics.

Tamron is my favorite though. The pics also look a lot softer with it.

That'd probably be the lens. My kit lens can be very slow at times.
Hmmm, I didnt know that. I guess the lens on my canon is just faster then. I need a different lens. I am bored with the one I have.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:49 PM
Chihuahua Power!

I shoot with a Nikon D80... I started with a D40 but quickly upgraded from that.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 09-19-2009, 01:57 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
I shoot with a Nikon D80... I started with a D40 but quickly upgraded from that.
How's the difference in those two? My aunt has a D80 (or 90?) and we compare pics sometimes. I can't see much difference between my D60 and the D90 but it could have to do with so many things. My entire family and extended family has Nikons.

Now dad's D300 is a totally different story. I want that camera, lol.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:05 PM
Water Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pups622 View Post
What's your opinion on this one?? Think it would be good for Taking Picture's of the dog's?? I have a big lens but it's not auto focus Would this one be better?

Tamron Model 672D AF75-300MM F/4-5.6 Zoom Lens for Nikon in Camera Lenses and Lens Adapters at JR.com
I have the 70-300 Tamron. The only thing I don't like is it's slower. I can still get the picture, but you just have to be ready ahead of time. Which it works for me because I don't have $1,000 to spend on a decent lens, so spending less but being ready for the shot ahead of time is no biggie.

Overall, it's a very very nice lens.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 09-19-2009, 02:08 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
How's the difference in those two? My aunt has a D80 (or 90?) and we compare pics sometimes. I can't see much difference between my D60 and the D90 but it could have to do with so many things. My entire family and extended family has Nikons.

Now dad's D300 is a totally different story. I want that camera, lol.
Haha, I want a D300 too :P

I like how I have better options for lenses now without worry about manually focusing them... having more autofocus points is nice as well.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 09-19-2009, 02:16 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
Haha, I want a D300 too :P

I like how I have better options for lenses now without worry about manually focusing them... having more autofocus points is nice as well.
I truly covet the D300. *drools* At first it seemed like way too much camera for me but once I got to fiddling with it, I can see how much more awesome it is than the D60s.

I can totally see how having a larger selection of AF lenses would be helpful. Our largest zoom lens won't autofocus on my camera at all so we just use it on the D300.