Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 09-05-2009, 11:27 AM
Salty Sea Dog

thats how ruby and jasper do it too, ruby does the heavy dig then jsaper goes in for the finate delicate work...
i swear there excavating some lost buggy city in th eback yard...
they have a single hole which i currently let them continue to play in, i fill it in they dig it out, as long as its that one spot i dont worry.

ruby is smart, she closer her eyes when she digs, jaspers funny he looks back as he digs so the dirt hits the side of his face no nose on lol. then he burries his nose deep into the little hole.

if the dirt gets neer the eyes though i do generally give them both a good face wash/flush to be sure, lots of sand in our soil.

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets

Old 09-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Just try me..

Glad to hear his eyes are doing better!
Old 09-05-2009, 10:02 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Don't know if i ever will get my vids on here. I drove to shawnee to see a friend today so she could put it on a disc for me because my computer has something wrong and shuts down when i put the thumb drive in. 30 minute drive each way and get home...and the disc doesn't work. I will try my brother tomorrow and if that doesn't work i will give up.

ONe pic...doesn't do any of it justice.
hyia_from_kelly_s_089 - Dog and Puppy Pictures

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 09-07-2009, 12:49 AM
Top Dog

When I had my Lab Joe, he got them quite a bit when he was younger and digging constantly. I had a bottle of saline and washed his eyes out everytime I saw him digging, and it helped, but he still got a lot of them. His rheumatoid arthritis put an end to his digging. I guess even a crippling disease has a benefit.

Right now, King and Molly both are just getting over eye infections. King's came up suddenly. I noticed nothing when I looked at him before I went to bed, and 8 hours later, his left eye was glued shut. I took them both to the vet, since they had shots due anyway. Her eyes got all snotty the next morning, of course. The vet did exactly what I expected, put the green stuff in his eyes to check for scratches, etc, and then, because he's getting close to 11, checked his eye pressure, which was great. My wallet spasmed, as usual. Just when I got the vet paid off, of course.