Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 08-26-2009, 08:37 PM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

Her aspiration is to show. As in been playing in doxies for 10 years, breeding and choosing not to show.

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground

Old 08-26-2009, 10:14 PM
Sprayin' the spiders

Molly, why don't you show?

Now I'm curious. I commend you for health testing, but why not show your dogs to their best advantage and get them involved in something? Earthdog, Confo, Obed, Agility......

I agree with what's been said - you'll be able to find a mentor through a Mini Dachshund club.

The only reason you have to get defensive about questions on an internet forum is if you think you are doing something that we won't agree with. In this case, you know you should be showing your dogs and you aren't.

I hope you come back to your thread and explain. Otherwise, good luck with the mentor search!

U-CH Rocket - BN RN CAA TT CGC TDI
Ruby - CD RA CGC
MBIMBS U-CH Poison
Allie the Lab
Noodle the Mini Dach
Old 08-26-2009, 10:25 PM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorlino View Post
I know a lot of y'all aren't breeder or even dachshund people, but you all seem pretty connected, so I thought I'd post this here, too :-)

Looking for a show quality mini dachshund male!

Here's my wish-list:

Choc/cream dapple longhair
Must be from two longhair parents that have very nice coats - no broken coats!
Between 9 - 10.5 pounds
PRA clear as well as CERF and patella tested
Contract must guarantee against patella issues, blindness, and undescended testicles (if a puppy)

Prefer a puppy but will accept an adult - MUST have that unforgettable dachshund temperament and personality. You guys know what I mean... I don't want a puppy/dog that rolls over and pees or shys away or bites.

Shipping is not an issue but I need to see a lot of stacked pictures and a video would be great, too!

Even if you don't have one - if you know someone who does please let me know!

Time is not too much of an issue, as the girl I plan to breed him with is only 11 days old :-)

He will be used to produce SHOW quality puppies so, obviously, he MUST be show quality or have a darn good possibility!

[email protected]
Okay, I think some of the replies have been a bit more harsh than needed though I also do agree with the points made. The part the concerns me the most is you're making a match already with a puppy who is 11 days old, how can you possibly know while she is that young, exactly what you want to breed her to? Just an idea, but you might want to consider instead using a stud when she is the right age. It doesn't tie you down to buying a male puppy to breed her to before you even can guess exactly how she or he will turn out. They may very well turn out to have a few minor weaknesses that may make them incompatible for producing the type of puppies you want.

Also, most reputable breeders who are producing show quality puppies, sell them with a contract that includes a clause dictating a "reasonable effort" to title the dog must be put in to keep breeding rights on the dog or by the age of 2 they can require spay/neuter or dock breeding rights until you step up. Many of those breeders also include a clause that dictates you need permission before the dog can be bred, even if it is sold with full breeding rights. If you plan on buying a show quality puppy, you will probably need to sign a show quality puppy contract, be careful with that if you don't intend to show.

I don't think anyone is trying to be rude or mean or call you out. I think that they are trying to make the point that if you want a really nice show quality puppy from good lines, you really are going to need to show the puppy. I will admit I'm bit shocked that after being involved in the breed for 10 years you can't think of a single breeder who could fit the bill. I've only been involved in my breeds scene for about a year but I could name off at least 20 different breeders within my breed whose dogs I'd like to have, some even in other countries. Of course, I'm pretty obsessed, and clearly have too much time on my hands being a no-life-outside-of-my-dogs-stay-at-home-house-wife.

I know our local breed club offers a yearly handling class, and a few of the all breed kennel clubs in the area offer them, as well as a plethora of trainers. Match shows also sometimes have a free handling class at the begining, so even if you don't enter the match you could go, stand close to the ring and watch the instruction. You can also contact the AKC and ask for a showing mentor. They are free and tons of help pre-show! I would suggest if you have a dog who will gait and stack try out a match show, you may even like it. If you pick and choose your shows carefully, learn to show your own dogs, and carpool/split hotel costs with another breeder nearby, it can also be pretty inexpensive.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:33 PM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

Since people are all googly about health testing.. do you do it and not disclose? I found one doxie matching your kennel name in the OFA database for patellas. Not a dog from your site. I found 0 in the CERF database. You near brag about health testing.. patellas, eyes and PRA.. so where's the proof?

Under your dogs bios on your own site.. one has patellas done, but they are cerfed.. so you brag about health testing you don't do then?

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground

Old 08-26-2009, 11:11 PM
Show Dog

I know you all want me to respond to all of your comments and "prove" myself to you, but I really don't think it would be in the best judgment to do so. I'm not one to fight or bicker on the internet and, I don't know... I just don't have the energy to do so. I don't have the need, know what I mean? :-)
Old 08-26-2009, 11:21 PM
Aroooooo!

Quote:
I know you all want me to respond to all of your comments and "prove" myself to you, but I really don't think it would be in the best judgment to do so. I'm not one to fight or bicker on the internet and, I don't know... I just don't have the energy to do so. I don't have the need, know what I mean? :-)
I think, actually, you should "prove" yourself. isn't that what breeders do? prove their dogs are worth the asking price.

If your dogs are show prospects, people are going to want proof.

If they are health tested, people are going to want proof.

Why would you say:

Quote:
Daphne and Duke are available, by the way!

I had a waiting list of about 35 people long. Of course, it's very easy to be asked to be put on a waiting list, but much more difficult to make the commitment to get the puppy :-)
If you are unwilling to prove that the dog ACTUALLY is what you say it is?

"Be it through intention or ignorance, our successes and our failures have been brought on by none other than ourselves." The art of racing in the rain.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:18 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

To be honest, I had a suspicion that the OP was a BYB since she joined. She seems like a lovely lady who honestly cares for her dogs and I truly hope that she spays all her females and takes the time to learn and aquire a stud founder from a good breeder.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 08-27-2009, 08:40 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppydog View Post
To be honest, I had a suspicion that the OP was a BYB since she joined.
Her posts never proved it, but her website did. Who could see this and still defend her breeding practices when you take everything else into consideration?
Quote:
Please note that these will be TRUE creams with the chinchilla gene! These are not "American creams" that are really red dogs with high prices!
mmorlino, I really hope you can get in touch with one of the regional clubs and become a member - you could have the opportunity to meet successful breeders. I don't see how anyone, based on the facts in this thread alone, could sell you a show puppy OR condone your breeding practices and if they did, I would seriously question theirs. I've never heard of someone purchasing a puppy to breed to another puppy later down the road. You seem to love the breed, please do right by them.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:41 AM
No thumbs = No mutiny

I don't post here often, I mostly lurk. But I've been suprised that her breeding practices haven't been suspect earlier.

On her site, upcoming breedings, Sophie x Baloo litter, Sophie was born Feb 11th 2009. The bitch would be less than a year old to have her first litter upcoming mid-January.

This is not healthy for the bitch, and the much boasted health tests wouldn't be done either.

I strongly suspect she breeds for candy colors and little else.

I'm sorry if this is too harsh, but I think this breeder needs to be re-evaluated and not advertise her pups on a forum.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:44 AM
Tweleve Enthusiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_paws View Post
On her site, upcoming breedings, Sophie x Baloo litter, Sophie was born Feb 11th 2009. The bitch would be less than a year old to have her first litter upcoming mid-January.

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team