Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Grooming Forum

Old 08-26-2009, 07:15 AM
VP Dogs

Question How to set up salon in garage?

Hi there, I am a newly qualified groomer and I am going to set up a business from home in my garage. does anyone have any tips on how to get the bath with hot running water and drainage set up? Has anyone done this before?

thanks for any help you can provide, would really appreciate it!
Old 09-19-2009, 05:11 PM
Apprentice in Training

First check zoning to make sure this is legal, if you haven't already. Then call a plumber. It all needs to meet standards, and it's usually best left to a professional. Unless you personally know someone who is a plumber, then I would definitely open up the yellow pages.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:15 AM
Big Dog

What area do you live in?
My husband is a licensed plumber and is certified for water lines, gas lines, inside and outside......if you email me details, I can maybe get him to help me help you walk through the process to get it done

He does sinks, toilets, etc in service calls so can run, add, fix, anything and will be happy to give you the info you need to do it.

[email protected]

Also, if any of this is run off gas fixtures (gas water heater, etc) then the owrk will have to be done by someone who is licensed and certified in order for it to be done and approved by the gas company. The gas compnay will not turn the gas on to the area until the lines are done by a certified person and all lines are tested.