Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 08-24-2009, 10:24 PM
Thanks, and Gig 'em.

Default Bwahahha...I am winning her over!

Way back after Hurricane Rita we were adopted by two cats, a calico and a tortiose shell: Odyssey and Blue respectively. Well Odyssey started out with a whole lotta wild in her, but eventually was tamed after she decided she had drawn enough blood to satisfy her. She used to strike out at the mere thought of her but now she'll let you pet her, jump in your lap, and occasionally allow for you to scratch her stomach.

But Blue never really warmed up to us. After 3 years, she still flinches when we try to pet her and then moves away. It seems obvious to me she was abused by her previous owner (and we know she had one as she was already spayed when they cut her open). I was at college during this whole thing so I never got to play with her much.

But now I'm home and working on an MBA, so I get to play with Blue a lot, and she's starting to come over to my side. She now cranes her head so I can scratch the back of it, she'll let me rub her stomach, and once, I got her to purr! And now she'll come up into my room and is currently laying between my feet (which sucks because I'm about 3 feet from my keyboard and now can't roll forward). Eventually, she may even not flinch when we try to pet her!

So just needed to voice my victory some where. Me: 1 Blue: 100
I'm catching up.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, throughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --- 'WOW, WHAT A RIDE!!!!' " - Author Unknown
Old 08-24-2009, 11:05 PM
Aroooooo!

awesome! Its always harder to win over a cat, IMO. And as you can see the best way to go about it is SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWLY lol

"Be it through intention or ignorance, our successes and our failures have been brought on by none other than ourselves." The art of racing in the rain.