Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-30-2005, 09:50 AM
Felurian

Oh, I'm on an anti-politician rampage this morning . . . just ask Buckshot

Why not propose an amendment: All politicians born before November 27, 2005 must be gassed or surrendered to a research facility . . .

This is just the cause celebre for those wishing to be reelected on the Fear and Loathing ticket. They represent the people who deserve them. The awful part is they get to represent people who actually have hearts and minds as well . . .

Just remember this when the time comes to get active in your elections.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 08-30-2005, 09:57 AM
yuckaduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
Oh, I'm on an anti-politician rampage this morning . . . just ask Buckshot

Why not propose an amendment: All politicians born before November 27, 2005 must be gassed or surrendered to a research facility . . .

This is just the cause celebre for those wishing to be reelected on the Fear and Loathing ticket. They represent the people who deserve them. The awful part is they get to represent people who actually have hearts and minds as well . . .

Just remember this when the time comes to get active in your elections.

I think I should become Prime Minister and then this crap can be changed. It is such a shame and no one will vote them out, hey Mulrony wasted millions of dollars, Cretien was voted in. He got caught in a scandal costing millions, did we vote out the librels, NOPE.
Canadians just do not learn however it looks like a lawyer is sueing saying that the constitutional rights of the dog and owners have been violated. I hope he wins because this law is absolutely ridiculous. I wish I could spell today but sorry have not had my much needed morning coffee yet so my brain is still sleeping.

Do you support Ontario's pit bull ban?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks
for voting

yes
65%

no
29%

undecided
6%

That is the Ontario people speaking,
Old 08-30-2005, 10:04 AM
Felurian

From wiser and more erudite minds than mine:

Quote:
The first sign of corruption in a society that is still alive is that the end justifies the means. Georges Bernanos (1888 - 1948), "Why Freedom?" The Last Essays of Georges Bernanos, 1955
Quote:
A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves.

Bertrand de Jouvenal
Quote:
And we do the same thing to people from different races and ethnic backgrounds too; what does that say for our "civilization?"

Truthfully, the hatred and bigotry against dogs bothers me more because they can't defend themselves.

George Eliot (1819 - 1880), 'Mr. Gilfil's Love Story,' Scenes of Clerical Life, 1857
Quote:
It is inexcusable for scientists to torture animals; let them make their experiments on journalists and politicians.

Henrik Ibsen (1828 - 1906)
And from Benjamin Franklin:

Quote:
But the greatest menace to our civilization today is the conflict between giant organized systems of self-righteousness -- each system only too delighted to find that the other is wicked -- each only too glad that the sins give it the pretext for still deeper hatred and animosity.
Quote:
All human situations have their inconveniences. We feel those of the present but neither see nor feel those of the future; and hence we often make troublesome changes without amendment, and frequently for the worse.
Quote:
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 08-30-2005, 10:06 AM
Felurian

Quote:
Canadians just do not learn however it looks like a lawyer is sueing saying that the constitutional rights of the dog and owners have been violated. I hope he wins because this law is absolutely ridiculous.
Ah, the lawyers get to be the good guys on this one

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 08-30-2005, 10:08 AM
yuckaduck

I just cannot argue with you, I am so very disappointed in this law and I was kind of hoping by posting this that maybe we could get some people to start writing letters to the politicans, start writing the local papers. I can try and get some links to those papers for anyone interested. It won't make a difference but if we don't try then for sure it will not change.

Praying that the lawyers win, praying and paws crossed.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuckaduck
No I am not scared or hiding from the truth here, in Ontario there are no gun issues. We register our guns and there are no concealed guns allowed, but that is it and no one has a problem with that. We are battling the pit bull ban but gun laws are not an issue here. Maybe someday they will be but right now nope. I don't necessarily believe blaming the media is right either, sure they report the stories but there are a s many other breeds attacking and biting as pit bulls. It is the politicians who targeted the pit bull, more accurately it is the Liberals who have targeted the pit bulls. Sad thing is looking at the polls, 60% of Ontarians approve the ban. Idiots they are brainwashed by the government.
Seems to me like it is an issue there and some people have a very serious problem with it. http://canadaonline.about.com/librar.../bligunreg.htm

The Pit Bull ban is drawing on the same fear and the same mentality. People vote for the Pit bull ban because they dont want to see that it is a people problem and not a dog problem. The media makes money on this fear, politicians get power from this fear and the people eat this stuff like candy and believe the lies whether it comes from politicians or media, same thing in my book. The politicians cant speak with no media at least to more people that can hear them yell. To me this issue is about fear pounded into the hearts and minds of the sheep..I mean people. Just like on every other issue.

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
Ayn Rand

There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: the fashionable non-conformist.
Ayn Rand
Old 08-30-2005, 10:09 AM
Love my pets

Someone, somewhere has got to stop this nonsense!
Old 08-30-2005, 10:12 AM
yuckaduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot
Seems to me like it is an issue there and some people have a very serious problem with it. http://canadaonline.about.com/librar.../bligunreg.htm

The Pit Bull ban is drawing on the same fear and the same mentality. People vote for the Pit bull ban because they dont want to see that it is a people problem and not a dog problem. The media makes money on this fear, politicians get power from this fear and the people eat this stuff like candy and believe the lies whether it comes from politicians or media, same thing in my book. The politicians cant speak with no media at least to more people that can hear them yell. To me this issue is about fear pounded into the hearts and minds of the sheep..I mean people. Just like on every other issue.

It is so true, but the gun registry, I can say it was made law until they found out how expensive it was. The governement has dumped that law, no registry required now and they just sweeped it under the rug, like it never happened. Play on peoples fears and you can do anything.
Lets start our own fear---watch those liberals they steal our constitutional rights from us. Ban the politicians-----they will injured your kids, cart them off into the woods, we are not safe as long as the politicians are around.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb04
Someone, somewhere has got to stop this nonsense!
I agree, you and I do.

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
Ayn Rand

There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: the fashionable non-conformist.
Ayn Rand
Old 08-30-2005, 10:14 AM
Top Dog

Default So pissed...

Wow... What an overkill... the same thing happened in Denver. Very very sad. All these laws are getting completely out of control. We don't even have the right to not wear a seat belt. Between the pit bull ban, the gay marriage ban, the smoking ban, drug bans, gun bans, etc, it's just getting completely out of hand. But people don't give a ****, as long as it doesn't effect them.

"Well, I don't have a pit bull."
"Well, I don't smoke."
"Well, I'm not gay."

Well, go to hell!

And I agree with what Buckshot and Renee said.