Pit Bull ban is official now in Ontario

Oh, I'm on an anti-politician rampage this morning . . . just ask Buckshot ;)

Why not propose an amendment: All politicians born before November 27, 2005 must be gassed or surrendered to a research facility . . .

This is just the cause celebre for those wishing to be reelected on the Fear and Loathing ticket. They represent the people who deserve them. The awful part is they get to represent people who actually have hearts and minds as well . . .

Just remember this when the time comes to get active in your elections.

Y

yuckaduck

Renee750il said:
Oh, I'm on an anti-politician rampage this morning . . . just ask Buckshot ;)

Why not propose an amendment: All politicians born before November 27, 2005 must be gassed or surrendered to a research facility . . .

This is just the cause celebre for those wishing to be reelected on the Fear and Loathing ticket. They represent the people who deserve them. The awful part is they get to represent people who actually have hearts and minds as well . . .

Just remember this when the time comes to get active in your elections.

I think I should become Prime Minister and then this crap can be changed. It is such a shame and no one will vote them out, hey Mulrony wasted millions of dollars, Cretien was voted in. He got caught in a scandal costing millions, did we vote out the librels, NOPE.
Canadians just do not learn however it looks like a lawyer is sueing saying that the constitutional rights of the dog and owners have been violated. I hope he wins because this law is absolutely ridiculous. I wish I could spell today but sorry have not had my much needed morning coffee yet so my brain is still sleeping.

Do you support Ontario's pit bull ban?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks
for voting

yes
65%

no
29%

undecided
6%

That is the Ontario people speaking, :eek:

From wiser and more erudite minds than mine:

The first sign of corruption in a society that is still alive is that the end justifies the means. Georges Bernanos (1888 - 1948), "Why Freedom?" The Last Essays of Georges Bernanos, 1955
A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves.

Bertrand de Jouvenal
And we do the same thing to people from different races and ethnic backgrounds too; what does that say for our "civilization?"

Truthfully, the hatred and bigotry against dogs bothers me more because they can't defend themselves.

George Eliot (1819 - 1880), 'Mr. Gilfil's Love Story,' Scenes of Clerical Life, 1857
It is inexcusable for scientists to torture animals; let them make their experiments on journalists and politicians.

Henrik Ibsen (1828 - 1906)
And from Benjamin Franklin:

But the greatest menace to our civilization today is the conflict between giant organized systems of self-righteousness -- each system only too delighted to find that the other is wicked -- each only too glad that the sins give it the pretext for still deeper hatred and animosity.
All human situations have their inconveniences. We feel those of the present but neither see nor feel those of the future; and hence we often make troublesome changes without amendment, and frequently for the worse.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Canadians just do not learn however it looks like a lawyer is sueing saying that the constitutional rights of the dog and owners have been violated. I hope he wins because this law is absolutely ridiculous.
Ah, the lawyers get to be the good guys on this one ;)

Y

yuckaduck

I just cannot argue with you, I am so very disappointed in this law and I was kind of hoping by posting this that maybe we could get some people to start writing letters to the politicans, start writing the local papers. I can try and get some links to those papers for anyone interested. It won't make a difference but if we don't try then for sure it will not change.

Praying that the lawyers win, praying and paws crossed.

yuckaduck said:
No I am not scared or hiding from the truth here, in Ontario there are no gun issues. We register our guns and there are no concealed guns allowed, but that is it and no one has a problem with that. We are battling the pit bull ban but gun laws are not an issue here. Maybe someday they will be but right now nope. I don't necessarily believe blaming the media is right either, sure they report the stories but there are a s many other breeds attacking and biting as pit bulls. It is the politicians who targeted the pit bull, more accurately it is the Liberals who have targeted the pit bulls. Sad thing is looking at the polls, 60% of Ontarians approve the ban. Idiots they are brainwashed by the government.
Seems to me like it is an issue there and some people have a very serious problem with it. http://canadaonline.about.com/library/issues/bligunreg.htm

The Pit Bull ban is drawing on the same fear and the same mentality. People vote for the Pit bull ban because they dont want to see that it is a people problem and not a dog problem. The media makes money on this fear, politicians get power from this fear and the people eat this stuff like candy and believe the lies whether it comes from politicians or media, same thing in my book. The politicians cant speak with no media at least to more people that can hear them yell. To me this issue is about fear pounded into the hearts and minds of the sheep..I mean people. Just like on every other issue.

Y

yuckaduck

Buckshot said:
Seems to me like it is an issue there and some people have a very serious problem with it. http://canadaonline.about.com/library/issues/bligunreg.htm

The Pit Bull ban is drawing on the same fear and the same mentality. People vote for the Pit bull ban because they dont want to see that it is a people problem and not a dog problem. The media makes money on this fear, politicians get power from this fear and the people eat this stuff like candy and believe the lies whether it comes from politicians or media, same thing in my book. The politicians cant speak with no media at least to more people that can hear them yell. To me this issue is about fear pounded into the hearts and minds of the sheep..I mean people. Just like on every other issue.

It is so true, but the gun registry, I can say it was made law until they found out how expensive it was. The governement has dumped that law, no registry required now and they just sweeped it under the rug, like it never happened. Play on peoples fears and you can do anything.
Lets start our own fear---watch those liberals they steal our constitutional rights from us. Ban the politicians-----they will injured your kids, cart them off into the woods, we are not safe as long as the politicians are around.

Melissa_W

So pissed...

Wow... What an overkill... the same thing happened in Denver. Very very sad. All these laws are getting completely out of control. We don't even have the right to not wear a seat belt. Between the pit bull ban, the gay marriage ban, the smoking ban, drug bans, gun bans, etc, it's just getting completely out of hand. But people don't give a ****, as long as it doesn't effect them.

"Well, I don't have a pit bull."
"Well, I don't smoke."
"Well, I'm not gay."

Well, go to hell!

And I agree with what Buckshot and Renee said.

Y

yuckaduck

Buckshot said:
I agree, you and I do.
Start writing letters I will get the addresses for you and you can send them. I will get the links to some of the major newspapers too.

Toronto Star
Ottawa Sun
Ottawa Citizen
Kingston Whig Standard
Brockville Recorder and Times
These are only of the top of my head but there are many.

No one will stop it.Now that the legislature has passed they can now add any breed they deem dangerous to this list with no voting on it.What is next GSD,Rottie,Dobermans,Cane Corsos,South African Boerboels,Presa Canarios,Tosa Inu,American Bulldog,Olde english Bulldogge,Dogue De Bordeaux,Dutch Sheperd.Oh wait they will just ban any dog over 25 lbs.This BSL pisses me off.It is not the dog it is the owner.Now the owners who are the bad owners that caused this will just go out and buy another breed that can be trained to be bad.They think pitbulls cause damage in the wrong hands just wait till they figure out what a Tosa Inu can do in those hands.

Y

yuckaduck

Melissa_W said:
Wow... What an overkill... the same thing happened in Denver. Very very sad. All these laws are getting completely out of control. We don't even have the right to not wear a seat belt. Between the pit bull ban, the gay marriage ban, the smoking ban, drug bans, gun bans, etc, it's just getting completely out of hand. But people don't give a ****, as long as it doesn't effect them.

"Well, I don't have a pit bull."
"Well, I don't smoke."
"Well, I'm not gay."

Well, go to hell!

And I agree with what Buckshot and Renee said.
I do not own a pit bull-I disagree with the ban completely and have written several letters even got one back too, telling me that I just could not grasp the reality of the dangers of pit bulls. Guess I am dumb.
I SMOKE- although in no public places, they are attempting to make smoking illegal outside of your home.
I am not gay but have several friends who are so I support the gay.

I may go to hell but not before making a stink about this stupidity and not before actively becoming involved in the protests. I just gotta borrow a pit bull from the kid down the street to go and join the protsets. Oh and by the way there are four friendly as heck pit bulls here in Bourget which is a fart sized town that the owners will be putting to sleep because they cannot afford the rediculous prices for neutering and one that refuses to muzzle his dog because the dog had its nose broken as a baby. Yes it was due to abuse and it is so sensitive that anything rubbing on the nose causes it great discomfort. He feels that it would be less cruel to PTS then wear a muzzle in this case. This dog is a gentle, kind doggy too, I babysit it regularily...it is wonderful with my kiddies too and with Yukon; they are great buddies so this is why the ban upsets me so much. I lose a friend too

Y

yuckaduck

German Sheperd Gurl said:
No one will stop it.Now that the legislature has passed they can now add any breed they deem dangerous to this list with no voting on it.What is next GSD,Rottie,Dobermans,Cane Corsos,South African Boerboels,Presa Canarios,Tosa Inu,American Bulldog,Olde english Bulldogge,Dogue De Bordeaux,Dutch Sheperd.Oh wait they will just ban any dog over 25 lbs.This BSL pisses me off.It is not the dog it is the owner.Now the owners who are the bad owners that caused this will just go out and buy another breed that can be trained to be bad.They think pitbulls cause damage in the wrong hands just wait till they figure out what a Tosa Inu can do in those hands.

Hey Lisa they already tried to ban the GSD, it was the RCMP who through a fit over that one because there police dogs are all GSD and they have started there own breeding program. So that one got squashed right away, even before it became public. Comes in handy having connections once in a while.

Melissa_W

yuckaduck said:
I do not own a pit bull-I disagree with the ban completely and have written several letters even got one back too, telling me that I just could not grasp the reality of the dangers of pit bulls. Guess I am dumb.
I SMOKE- although in no public places, they are attempting to make smoking illegal outside of your home.
I am not gay but have several friends who are so I support the gay.

I may go to hell but not before making a stink about this stupidity and not before actively becoming involved in the protests. I just gotta borrow a pit bull from the kid down the street to go and join the protsets. Oh and by the way there are four friendly as heck pit bulls here in Bourget which is a fart sized town that the owners will be putting to sleep because they cannot afford the rediculous prices for neutering and one that refuses to muzzle his dog because the dog had its nose broken as a baby. Yes it was due to abuse and it is so sensitive that anything rubbing on the nose causes it great discomfort. He feels that it would be less cruel to PTS then wear a muzzle in this case. This dog is a gentle, kind doggy too, I babysit it regularily...it is wonderful with my kiddies too and with Yukon; they are great buddies so this is why the ban upsets me so much. I lose a friend too

lol! Oh my gosh Heather, that wasn't directed at you! lol Not at all. It wasn't directed towards anyone on the board. It was directed at people I've met who are for these types of laws and say these types of things (mostly during my work against the gay marriage ban and the smoking ban in Columbus.) You started this post about how you think the ban is wrong, so I know you're not like that. I was talking about people who are for bans like these, not you! The "Go to hell" was directed at people who say that kind of stuff, not you. lol... Oh my gosh, what a misunderstanding.

Perhaps posters with photos of those elected officials who voted for the ban with words like "Genocidist" "Murderer" "Puppy Killer" "Adolph's Disciple" printed over them in lurid red letters . . .

Nothing like a bit of drama to make your point . . .

If they ban The GSD I will be moving I dont care if I have to move to timbucktoo lol.When we buy a bigger place I will be buying a Tosa Inu so they better not ban those either.Stupid goverment dont they realise it is just stupid punk kids and drug dealers that are causing these dogs to be like this.Ban the stupid owners of any dog that bites from ever owning another and that would help alot more than BSL.I am so mad about this I could scream.

Y

yuckaduck

Melissa_W said:
lol! Oh my gosh Heather, that wasn't directed at you! lol You started this post about how you think the ban is wrong. I was talking about people who are for bans like these, not you! The "Go to hell" was directed at people who say that kind of stuff, not you.

I knew that I just meant after the stink I have been causing here in Ontario, I just may go to hell but it will be worth it in the end if I can make just a speck of difference.

Oh, and start finding out which vets are price gouging on spay and neuter for Pits - call and ask for the price on a breed of similar size and weight, then call back later and ask about the price for a Pit - and start circulating lists with the results of the phone calls. Make sure you document those calls; ask who you are speaking to, write down the time of the phone call, the breed you asked about, etc. Don't editorialize, just put down the hard facts.

Members online

No members online now.