Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 09-21-2004, 03:38 PM
Are you dead yet?

ROFL I can just picture Shiva jumping up on something like a car or truck and caving it in.

I can't wait until he learns how high he can jump.. It'll be interesting trying to keep him in the yard, but he'll be so much FUN!
Old 09-22-2004, 09:52 AM
Felurian

Oh, SHE HAS! You should see the roof of Charley's little red Toyota truck buckle when she jumps up on it! The hood is dented, too! The thing that almost got her killed was the gigandamundo Fila footprints from the back bumper, across the back window, roof and front hood of the 928!

And people complain about CATS jumping on the hood!
Old 09-22-2004, 02:08 PM
JamesPeterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisko
I recently moved in with my girlfriend and she has a 6 year old border collie. The dog has never really been trained before. "Sit" and "Lay Down" are the only 2 commands he knows. I'd like to teach him a few more tricks but I'm not sure if I should even waste any time on that because I've heard that it is much harder to teach an older dog. I'd like to know if it's possible because I'm willing to devote as much time on that as needed.

I find a rolled up newspaper to be one of the best training tools. My grandfather showed it to me a long time ago. I am not talking about beating the dog but rather a gentle slap to the muzzle. Although a bloodied nose would be going a little to far.
Old 09-22-2004, 04:28 PM
Are you dead yet?

OMG what a character.. Too bad we don't live nearer to each other, I think Shiva and Kharma and Bimmer could teach Dakota a few things.

JamesPeterson.. WHY would you slap a dog with a newspaper while you're trying to teach it tricks?? Teaching tricks should be fun and entertaining for the dog, not miserable.
Old 09-22-2004, 09:27 PM
Felurian

Bimmer teaching him things could be very good. . . Shiva and Kharma . . .? Some things you just might not want him to know. ROFL! One thing about it, he'd be the strongest Border Collie in the history of the breed just from playing and tussling with the Monster Puppies.