Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 09-11-2009, 09:47 AM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^Purrson^ View Post
Laurelin how hard is it to keep Paps coats nice?
Preferentially I would be less apt to want one of the clipped breed types, but paps are one breed that always snaggs me, along with several others lol

Garett show your wife
Chazhound Dog Forum
Sisters dog but I love my Maui
Super super easy. They dont' have to be clipped like maltese or poodles. Most people trim up the feet some just to keep it clean looking and give them better traction. It's not required (they actually show them in some countries without trimming the feet) but I think it makes them look better. It's super easy. Just cut the excess fur off the side of the feet and between the pads.

Run a comb through their ears a few times a week and run a brush through their coat and you're good to go. I rarely ever groom mine, wquite honestly. I do a foot trim once a month and brush maybe twice a month. I should probably brush more but my dogs just don't ever mat.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:20 PM
Show Dog

I went through a big golden retriever phase as a kid. I went through a 5 year boxer craving before we got Murphy and if anything he's only made the craving worse. There are other breeds I want, but I just can't stop looking at boxers on petfinder.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:13 PM
Active Pup

We had dobies for years, 2 outta 3 lived till they were around 18 years old. I had a shepard as a teen, helped me get thru sexual abuse. Would not mind one again. Always loved BIG dogs, now a weenie has my heart.

So it doesn't matter, truly EVER, with size or gender or breed. It's whatever the shelter has that calls me the loudest as momma, momma, I'm your new kid. Cuz they pick us, not the other way around. I always had a fondness for terriers, had a cairn. Wanted a dale (airdale) for years.

Smiles,
Ruth
Old 12-07-2009, 10:05 AM
It's All About The Dogs

My current craving is a St.Bernard, not sure why I think because of their size, I keep checking petfinder for one!
Old 12-07-2009, 11:21 AM
Twin 2.0

Oh, this is a bit of an older thread...I kept scratching my head trying to figure out why Jessie said she couldn't pull the trigger on getting a BC, when there's Rory, just plain as day in her sig.

I'm biting my nails to get another Aussie...followed closely by a Fila and thanks to Chaz, Paps have replaced Cavaliers as my "foofy useless small dog" choice.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:34 AM
<--------Orson

Yes, Yes I do

I have toyed with the idea of a standard poodle, and also a rough collie. I go back and forth looking at them, admiring, and wanting, LOL

As of this moment, the decision is rough collie when/if we get another dog..........FAR FAR in the future!
Old 12-07-2009, 04:05 PM
EVIL SHELTIES!!!!

now i have chinese crested fever.
and i know nothing about the temperament of these dogs LOL
Old 12-07-2009, 04:13 PM
Top Dog

Yes, I'm always day dreaming of a Poodle....maybe a Standard, maybe a mini. But NOW....I'm looking at those Logatto Romagnolo. They're rather fascinating to me. Hmmm.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-07-2009, 04:56 PM
Top Dog

having owned my pit bull a year now...I have had the realization that I just not a big dog person, so I have finally been able to stop pining over the large breeds that will never actually "happen" to me...hehe

that said I really would like a chi, a crestie, or another pom.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:43 PM
Will Work for Kibble

Boerboel

*LOVE*