Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 09-19-2004, 04:18 PM
neko_my_baby_lab

Default I need help with 2 thing about my dog

is it ok for him to eat raw soup born meat, and my 2 one is it ok for him to chew on wood logs.
Old 09-19-2004, 10:24 PM
watzup_puppy_dog

Red face

umm im not really sure about the first one coz i dont even know what it is lol. The second one, im pretty sure its ok 4 your dog to chew on wood logs, the vet told me its good 4 their teeth when they chew on things. My dog chews on everything and anything including my slippers and my cat Riley lol (in a playful way of course)
Old 09-20-2004, 02:27 AM
Are you dead yet?

Um, raw soup born meat? As hard as I try I can't really decipher that, could you explain it a little differently?

Second, I wouldn't let him chew on logs if I were you.. He can ingest the wood, which wouldn't be a good thing. There are so many better things that you can give him to chew on.
Old 09-20-2004, 05:37 AM
Felurian

Soup bones!

Big, uncooked soup bones should be okay; just be sure to supervise while he's got one. The marrow is extremely good for dogs. Try to get them at a butcher shop or have the butcher at the grocery leave them in big pieces for you. Most of the time they get cut up into slices and smaller pieces for sale at the grocery and are really too small.

Don't let him chew on wood. Get him some good, strong chew toys like a Kong and the Orbee-tuff bone.

And don't hesitate to ask your vet what he's talking about when you don't understand. That's part of his job.