Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Rainbow Bridge - Dog Memorials

Old 08-29-2005, 11:20 AM
Top Dog

Default Jake

My beautiful Jake left me this morning. She didn't want to go, she wanted to take care of me, but her precious little body just gave out. She was so pretty, a long haired tabby, with gorgeous green eyes. But she was even more beautiful on the inside. She loved me with all her heart. We spent 16 years together, she slept with me every night. I can not express the specialness of her, words aren't enough. She took care of me and my husband and kids, she really did. She used to get the kids up for school in the morning, she's actually pull their blankets off them when it was time to get up. If I was mad at the other cat or the dogs and scolded them, she'd give them a swat for good measure. If any of us was upset, she would know and come to lay on you to give you comfort. She was so much more than just a cat, a special spirit, who made my life so much nicer.

We knew she was going to leave us these last couple of days, she was in liver and kidney failure. I promised her I would be okay, because I knew she was worried about leaving me. I had to go to work this morning and I said good bye to her, telling her we had no regrets her and I, we loved each other passionately since the day we met. My boss let me go home early, and I went to Jake and watched her take her last breath, she had waited for me to come home.

I have so many memories, wonderful - heartwarming memories of the last 16 years with the best friend anyone could ever have. I know I will be okay, because to be less than that would not honor her. She was the most compassionate creature I've ever met, and I was so blessed to have her as my own.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:33 AM
Top Dog

I'm so sorry She seemed to have led a very happy life, and she died in peace.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:23 PM
Top Dog

Awwww, I'm sorry for your loss, Irish. It sounds like you guys had a fantastic time together though. She'll live on in your memories.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:15 PM
Love my pets

Irish, the tears are flowing down my face as I read about Jake's passing. She was a very special cat and I can see why she will be missed. Cherish her memory forever in your heart.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:45 PM
Top Dog

Fran, Melissa and Barb,
Your words mean more than I can say. I know you all understand. Yes, I will cherish all my memories Barb, Thank you all.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:50 PM
Top Dog

Irish, you and Jake have been on my mind a lot since I first read about the problem with Jake, for some reason I keep on thinking about you. I am SO sad for you. You were indeed blessed to have shared your life with her, she sounds like the kind of friend anyone would be glad to have, and I know you will miss her so much.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:58 PM
Top Dog

Frenchboxer,
I want you to know that your posts have helped me a lot. I can feel your sincerity and sympathy across the many many miles that seperate us. I thank you with all my heart.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:24 PM
Show Dog

I'm so sorry to hear about Jake. I hope you'll be alright,she'll be with you in your heart.

Thanks to Keyodie!
Old 08-29-2005, 03:37 PM
Top Dog

Thank you femke, so much.
Old 08-29-2005, 05:34 PM
Felurian

Your Jake gave you that last wonderful gift of taking the burden of choice off of your shoulders and waiting until you could be there so you would feel no guilt. That's love and a great heart.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian