Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 06-03-2009, 12:12 PM
But please, call me Barb

Angry 1 isn't enough, they need to ruin 3 breeds

I feel a bit sick

*Warning* If you love German Shepherds, Rottweilers and/or Dobermans you're going to get ANGRY by clicking on the website below
http://www.brittanysanimalkingdom.com/

Quote:
Compliance" is genetic and we diligently breed for this. Right from the start your puppy will behave according to your wishes and be easy to live with and enjoy. And you will never need to see a trainer, use choke chains, pinch collars, clickers, food rewards, or any other gimmicks.
That would be funny if it wasn't so scary that people that don't know better, or what these 3 breeds should be like, will believe it, buy one of these puppies and then never see a trainer?

Someone needs to figure out a way to educate people. On the German Shepherd board a gentleman posted about a pup he was going to get with a link to the "breeder" (not the one above) and I'm happy to say that he listened and now has a great pup from a great breeder!

Sadly though that often isn't the way it works, the puppy buyer instead just moves on to a different forum where people will tell them how cute the puppy is.

Ok, I know I'm for the most part "preaching to the choir" here and so I'll close this ramble - but perhaps, just perhaps someone thinking about one of these breeds will see this post and think twice before buying from not only this breeder but others like them.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Resident fainting goat

#8. We don't have a lot of room for a dog that large "to run" but I really want one of your dogs.

The biggest secret about our dogs is that they don't want room to run-- they want YOU to be with them. If you provide your dog with quality time which means having him with you as much as you can, whether he is laying at your feet when you are on the computer, watching TV, or just exploring nature close to home, he will be in heaven just being able to enjoy your company. We breed our dogs with this type of temperament at the forefront. Your dog will not need to be amused with a lot of activity, ball playing, or food rewards. His ultimate aim will be to be in your good graces, be assured he is loved and enjoyed by you just for being himself. This is the same thing we in the human family want.

A dog that doesn't need exercise! HAHAHAHAH!
Old 06-03-2009, 12:26 PM
Resident fainting goat

Oh and they also breed GIANT GSDs that DO NOT SHED! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

this place makes me sick. seriously. have you seen the rotties?! they look like mastiffs!
Old 06-03-2009, 12:34 PM
Tweleve Enthusiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fransheska101 View Post
#8. We don't have a lot of room for a dog that large "to run" but I really want one of your dogs.

The biggest secret about our dogs is that they don't want room to run-- they want YOU to be with them. If you provide your dog with quality time which means having him with you as much as you can, whether he is laying at your feet when you are on the computer, watching TV, or just exploring nature close to home, he will be in heaven just being able to enjoy your company. We breed our dogs with this type of temperament at the forefront. Your dog will not need to be amused with a lot of activity, ball playing, or food rewards. His ultimate aim will be to be in your good graces, be assured he is loved and enjoyed by you just for being himself. This is the same thing we in the human family want.

I was about to post that also...

They also have "been able to achieve short smooth coats on the GSD's which means no constant or profuse shedding."

In other words, these dogs no longer have the undercoat needed for their original work as sheep tenders.

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Old 06-03-2009, 12:35 PM
Remembering Casey ♥

OMG, I shouldnt have looked Im so pissed off right now! I agree, The rotties look lke mastiffs.. How terrible.. omg! Ruining my three fav breed of dog in one place
I want to write a VERY strongly worded email to this douche bag.. Even tho it wont accomplish anything, Id just like for her to know that not everybody beleives the bull **** shes pumping to everybody.. I mean eriously ..
Old 06-03-2009, 12:39 PM
Twin 2.0

"The Rottweiler is an Italian breed"

Um...no. It's not.

And while they should be able to pull carts, they should not tower over the pony pulling next to them.

:
Old 06-03-2009, 12:40 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fransheska101 View Post

Maybe that explains why so many of the dogs are so badly overweight.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:46 PM
Not a lurker

**BARFS** That is all...

Their guarantee isn't worth the webspace they wrote it on either - Guaranteed not to have hip dysplasia up to 2 years old...that's great, just peachy...I'm disgusted now.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Puppy Dog

thats horrible
Old 06-03-2009, 02:42 PM
FluffyZooCrew

Quote:
Right from the start your puppy will behave according to your wishes and be easy to live with and enjoy. And you will never need to see a trainer, use choke chains, pinch collars, clickers, food rewards, or any other gimmicks.
Wow, a dog that doesn't need to be trained, and will behave according to my wishes! Woohoo!

That site is so sickening, it almost looks like a joke.