Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 09-20-2004, 06:48 PM
GSP/Lab Mix!

Can I suggest not buying one and adopting one..IF your going to get one. That way you will be saving a life and not buying one. But I think you should go with a different breed. Do a little more research. Have you went to http://animal.discovery.com and took the dog breed quiz?
Old 09-20-2004, 06:54 PM
FaceZ Of DeaTh

i did do research and i like both breeds.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:13 PM
Felurian

FOD, that's interesting that your Dad is a border agent. What kind of dogs does he get to work with?

Have you given any thought to maybe getting your Dad to look at dogs with you? He might have some very good advice for you, especially if the dog will be living at your home with him when you're at your other home.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:31 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceZ Of DeaTh
Hey due i wnat my dogs to play with each other you know why? Because they can keep each other company when i am home. My dad is a border agent and he handles dogs. He knows a lot more than you. You guys are so rude. i come here to asks questions because i dont live with my dad any mroe after the divorce. i ned help and all you guys do is critisize me and call me inexpreienced. you guys dont have any reason behind your statements you just insult me
I really don't care how much your dad knows or who he is...you don't know my background on dogs now do you?...I'm simply commenting on your posts...you've made some rude comments..and have definately gotten off on the wrong foot as far as I know...I'm not trying to insult you..I'm trying to make sure that another dog in this world doesn't end up in the wrong hands because their owner didn't know enough about the breed or dogs in general to begin with...you need to do more research according to your uninformed questions..I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks so either...If you want your dogs to keep each other company because you aren't there..then why didn't you think of this when you got your first dog in the first place? Did you even make sure you'll have enough time to spend with the dog? Getting another animal isn't the right solution..it's a quick fix..and you don't even know if the dogs will get along together..what if they don't? Do you have TWO seperate backyards or rooms to keep the dogs apart in case that happens? ONE dog is a huge responsibility if you want to raise it and take care of it properly so that it is healthy, happy, and most importantly, well trained and socialized...

DO..MORE..RESEARCH..................PLEASE..
Old 09-20-2004, 07:45 PM
FaceZ Of DeaTh

He has a german shepherd I ahvent talked to him in 3 months because of the divorce.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:46 PM
FaceZ Of DeaTh

also to tell you guys the truth i was just pretending to i was goanna get a giant schnauzer because i want one when i grow up. I just wnated to see what you guys would say about the breed.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:12 PM
Felurian

Kiddo, why don't you play it straight with us? We're actually willing to like you and talk to you, but no one feels good about talking to someone they can't trust to be telling the truth.

So, how about it? Start being straight-up, okay?
Old 09-21-2004, 03:49 PM
Are you dead yet?

Quote:
Hey due i wnat my dogs to play with each other you know why? Because they can keep each other company when i am home. My dad is a border agent and he handles dogs. He knows a lot more than you. You guys are so rude. i come here to asks questions because i dont live with my dad any mroe after the divorce. i ned help and all you guys do is critisize me and call me inexpreienced. you guys dont have any reason behind your statements you just insult me
Because of your uneducated posts in the past, people DO judge your knowledge and call you inexperienced.
I'm sorry if I was wrong about how much you know about dogs, maybe you should start sharing your knowledge in your posts in the future.

The reason it's hard for us to really help you on this particular question is that all you said was that you wanted a guard dog. If you had said something different, like, I want a laid-back protective dog that will be able to be left home alone for a few hours a day, people would be able to help you better.
Old 09-21-2004, 05:29 PM
FaceZ Of DeaTh

i am telling the truth you ??????. You wanna meat him you a//////. My sister is a lawyer and my mom is a janitor. i live in ny dude. i think u r a lier.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:10 PM
treehugging clicker freak

Quote:
Kiddo, why don't you play it straight with us? We're actually willing to like you and talk to you, but no one feels good about talking to someone they can't trust to be telling the truth.
It's really hard to tell if one's being serious, just kidding, or not :::
Quote:
also to tell you guys the truth I was just pretending to I was goanna get a giant schnauzer because i want one when i grow up. I just wnated to see what you guys would say about the breed.
You lead us to believe you were going to get another dog Now. What other kind of a response did you expect?? If you would've said that's the kind of dog you were going to get when you're older we'd probably encourage you to do as much research as you can and give you advice, but instead you mislead us. I'm sorry if you thought we're being mean, but that's what you get for tricking us.
Quote:
i am telling the truth you ??????.
I can't even understand what this is supposed to mean, but if it means what I think it means You Lied Before, how can we tell when you're not??
Quote:
You wanna meat him you a//////.
Don't Ever Talk About Anyone On This Forum Like That Again. Unless I Missed Some Threads We Have NEVER Called You Names Like This Or Put You Down For No Good Reason. It Does Make You Sound Very Imature, And I Don't Know How You Could Expect Someone To Reply to This (or many other things you've wrote about how horrible certain breeds are and stuff) Nicely.

I'm willing forget everything you've said from this point on because its not fair you got off on the wrong foot, but you've got to write respectively from now on if you want to be respected.

(p.s - its meet, not meat. I don't think anyone wants to make meat out of him. Sorry, it was driving me bananers lol )

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o